2018-19 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll — Nov. 9, 2018
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Keiser (Fla.) remained in the driver’s seat in the final NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll of the fall season. The Seahawks grabbed 18 of the 19 first-place votes as SCAD Savannah (Ga.) remained on their heels at No. 2.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- Keiser has been ranked No. 1 for two consecutive weeks after eight, first-place finishes in the fall semester.
- Keiser’s Samantha Fuller was named The Sun Conference Golfer of the month for October.
- USC Beaufort (S.C.) made the biggest jump from No. 20 to No. 7
- SCAD Savannah (Ga.) leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 79 consecutive appearances dating back to the 2007 season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018-19 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Nov. 9, 2018
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) ||529|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||511|
|3||5||William Carey (Miss.) ||492|
|4||3||Dalton State (Ga.)||470|
|7||20||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||408|
|9||15||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||392|
|14||9||William Penn (Iowa)||293|
|21||16||University of Northwestern Ohio||197|
|23||21||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||153|
|24||NR||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||135|
Dropped from the Top 25: SCAD Atlanta (Ga.), Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.), Tennessee Wesleyan
Other Receiving Votes: SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) 113, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) 101, Saint Francis (Ind.) 54, Faulkner (Ala.) 51, Tennessee Wesleyan 42, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 6, Campbellsville (Ky.) 5, Mount Mercy (Iowa) 3.