2018-19 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Final - May 2, 2019
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Seahawks of Keiser (Fla.) earned all 19 first-place votes yet again to claim the No. 1 spot
Top 25 Highlights
- The Seahawks earn the No. 1 spot this week after the team claimed its fourth Sun Conference Championship in five years. Defeating No. 2 SCAD Savannah by 11 strokes.
- British Columbia and Cumberlands (Ky.) flipped places this week trading between No. 5 and No. 6
- Oklahoma City made the biggest jump from the previous poll increase 6 spots from No. 17 to No. 11. The Stars won their conference tournament 12 stokes
- Southeastern (Fla.) also have positive movement cracking the top 10 moving from No. 14 to No. 9 after then-No.7 USCB by 11 in the Sun Conference Tournament
- There were no newcomers in the Top 25 this week
- No. 2 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 82 consecutive appearances dating back to the 2007 season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 Men’s Volleyball Championship, Baseball World Series and Softball World Series! Download the app HERE!
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [First Place Votes]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) ||529|
|2||2||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||512|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||495|
|4||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||478|
|7||7||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||423|
|16||10||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||290|
|18||16||William Penn (Iowa)||241|
|19||20||University of Northwestern Ohio||218|
|23||21||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||164|
|24||25||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||119|
Other Receiving Votes: Faulkner (Ala.) 110, Saint Francis (Ind.) 94, Milligan (Tenn.) 75, William Woods (Mo.) 47, Indiana Wesleyan 26, Pikeville (Ky.) 8, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 8, Lewis-Clark (Idaho) 6, Bellevue (Neb.) 4, Tennessee Wesleyan 3, Wayland Baptist (Texas) 1