2019 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll 2 (Nov. 8)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The British Columbia Thunderbirds moved up one spot to claim the No. 1 spot in the second poll of the NAIA Coaches’ Top 25. The defending national champions just competed in U Hawaii Rainbow Invite in Kapolei, HI playing some of the top NCAA programs.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2007)
- The No. 1 Thunderbirds are currently No. 1 on Golfstat and earned 13-of-19 first-place votes.
- No. 2 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) proves to remain strong winning a recent division I event. The Bees followed closely behind British Columbia collected 513 total points and five first-place votes.
- Indiana Wesleyan made the biggest jump this week moving up ten spots to No. 10 after winning their last three competitions.
- No. 24 Bellevue (Neb.) joins the poll this week as the lone newcomer.
- No. 3 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 86 consecutive appearances dating back to the 2007 season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Women’s Golf Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 2 (November 8)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||British Columbia ||522|
|2||3||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ||513|
|4||5||Taylor (Ind.) ||476|
|6||7||Dalton State (Ga.)||443|
|13||15||Saint Francis (Ind.)||312|
|15||23||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||294|
|17||14||William Carey (Miss.)||264|
|18||13||University of Northwestern Ohio||258|
|20||18||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||191|
|24||17||William Penn (Iowa)||137|
Receiving Votes: Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 92, William Woods (Mo.) 73, Ottawa (Ariz.) 60, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 50, Morningside (Iowa) 47, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) 28, Menlo (Calif.) 23, Tennessee Wesleyan 14, Coastal Georgia 12, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 8, Asbury (Ky.) 3