2019 NAIA Women's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll 1 (Oct. 11)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Seahawks of Keiser (Fla.) move to the top and claim the No. 1 spot in the first poll of the NAIA Coaches’ Top 25. The top ranked Seahawks have won two of their three events this season.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2007)
- The No. 1 Seahawks collected 524 points which advance them one spot from the previous poll. They earned 13-of-19 first place votes.
- No. 2 British Columbia followed closely behind Keiser. The Thunderbirds collected 506 final points and six first place votes.
- The Seahawks held the No. 1 spot in the Top 25 Coaches’ Poll for four consecutive polls in the 2019 spring season
- No. 4 Cumberlands (Ky.) and No. 5 Taylor (Ind.) both moved to the top five this week.
- Saint Francis (Ind.), Milligan (Tenn.), Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Indiana Wesleyan, and Tennessee Wesleyan are all new to the poll this week.
- No. 3 SCAD Savannah (Ga.) leads the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 85 consecutive appearances dating back to the 2007 season.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Keiser (Fla.) ||524|
|2||1||British Columbia ||506|
|3||3||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||503|
|7||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||439|
|13||9||University of Northwestern Ohio||315|
|14||8||William Carey (Miss.)||298|
|15||NR||Saint Francis (Ind.)||288|
|17||16||William Penn (Iowa)||226|
|18||NR||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||221|
|23||15||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||172|
Dropped Out: William Woods (Mo.), Rocky Mountain (Mont.), Coastal Georgia, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)
Receiving Votes: William Woods (Mo.) 110, Ottawa (Ariz.) 94, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 79, Grace (Ind.) 52, Coastal Georgia 44, Campbellsville (Ky.) 24, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 19, Bellevue (Neb.) 10, Oklahoma Wesleyan 10, Truett-McConnell (Ga.) 7, Briar Cliff (Iowa) 3