2017 NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Coaches’ Top 10 Poll ? No. 5
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) garners the No. 1 ranking for the fifth-straight installment of the NAIA Women’s Lacrosse Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Bees claimed 7-of-8 first-place votes and 98 total points to remain at No. 1. The sixth regular-season poll is scheduled to release on April 4.
Top 10 Highlights
• The Bees of SCAD Savannah (Ga.) hold the No. 1 ranking for the 14th time in program history – the most among NAIA programs. Davenport (Mich.), which owned the No. 1 ranking in the 2016 postseason edition and 2017 preseason poll, is the only other program to list atop the poll since its establishment last season.
• SCAD Savannah is 6-1 on the year, including a 17-8 victory at No. 5 Georgetown (Ky.) last Saturday. The Bees return to the field Friday at NCAA Division II Newberry (S.C.).
• No. 2 Lawrence Tech (Mich.) received the other first-place vote and 92 total points. Similar to SCAD Savannah, the Blue Devils have held the perch for five-straight polls.
• No. 3 Davenport (Mich.) and No. 4 Indiana Tech swap places this week, while No. 5 Georgetown holds strong to make up the remainder of the top five.
• Davenport and No. 6 (tied) Tennessee Wesleyan were the only clubs to make positive movement in the poll, as both teams advanced one spot.
• There are no newcomers in the poll.
• Three of the four conferences are represented this week. The Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference leads the way with four programs – Lawrence Tech, Davenport, No. 4 Indiana Tech and No. 10 Siena Heights (Mich.).
• The ratings committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/A.I.I./group
• Each conference/A.I.I./group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
• Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
• For the complete Top 10 calendar, click here.
|RANK||PRVS||SCHOOL (1st place votes)||Record||Total Points|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) (7)||6-1||98|
|2||2||Lawrence Tech (Mich.) (1)||7-0||92|
|T6||6||Ave Maria (Fla.)||4-5||65|
|10||T9||Siena Heights (Mich.)||6-3||45|
Dropped from the Top 10: none
Receiving Votes: Reinhardt (Ga.) 35; Benedictine (Kan.) 31; Missouri Baptist 30; Ottawa (Kan.) 24; Aquinas (Mich.) 13.