2017 NAIA Women's Lacrosse Coaches' Top 10 Poll ? Postseason Poll
By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the ninth-straight week, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) holds the No. 1 ranking in the NAIA Women's Lacrosse Top 10 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The Bees garnered all seven first-place votes and 82 total points.Top 10 Highlights
• SCAD Savannah owns the No. 1 ranking for the 17th time in program history – the most among NAIA programs. Davenport (Mich.), which held the No. 1 ranking in the 2016 postseason edition and 2017 preseason poll, is the only other program to list atop the poll since its establishment last season.
• The Bees defeated Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 16-10 in the National Invitational championship match to claim their first ever title.
• SCAD Savannah finished the season with a 14-1 record. Its only loss was against NCAA Division II Kutztown (Pa.), 17-9.
• The National Invitational runner-up Lawrence Tech (Mich.) claims the No. 2 spot. The Blue Devils earned 77 points and finished the season with an 18-2 record.
• Rounding out the top five, Davenport falls back one position to No. 3 earning 72 points, while Indiana Tech and Georgetown (Ky.) maintain their positions at No. 4 and No. 5.
• No. 10 Ottawa (Kan.) is the only newcomer to the Top 10 this week. The Braves climb back into the rankings for the first time since Feb. 28.
• All four conferences are represented this week. The Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference, Association of Independent Institutions and the Appalachian Athletic Conference boast three time each while the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference brings one team to the top 10.
• The ratings committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/A.I.I./group
• Each conference/A.I.I./group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
• Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
• For the complete Top 10 calendar, click here.
2017 NAIA Women's Lacrosse Coaches' Top 10 Poll – Postseason Poll (May 17, 2017)
SCHOOL (1st place votes)
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) (7)||14-1||82|
|2||3||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||18-2||77|
|7||6||Ave Maria (Fla.)||7-7||53|
Dropped from the Top 10: Siena Heights (Mich.) (No. 10)
Receiving Votes: Siena Heights (Mich.) 33; Reinhardt (Ga.) 28; Benedictine (Kan.) 19; Aquinas (Mich.) 19; Missouri Baptist 16