NAIA Women?s Soccer Players of the Week ? No. 4 (Sept. 30)
By Mark Colachico, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Natasha Coyle of The Master's (Calif.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Jazmin Alvarez of Concordia (Calif.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Jazmin Alvarez, Concordia-Irvine (Calif.)
Sophomore goalkeeper, Chino, Calif.
• Helped Eagles go unbeaten on the week against two Top 15 opponents that included a tie with No.15 The Master’s (Calif.) and a win over No. 10 Vanguard (Calif.).
• Allowed one goal on the week and registered a combined 20 saves.
• Had a 0.45 goals against average and played all 200 minutes for the Eagles.
• Recorded a .952 save percentage, as she faced 35 shots.
• Currently ranks 50th in the NAIA in saves (41) and second in the Golden State Athletic Conference.
• Earns second career NAIA National Player of the Week honor.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Natasha Coyle, The Master’s (Calif.)
Senior forward, La Habra, Calif.
• Helped Mustangs go unbeaten in a pair of road games against Top 10 opponents that included a 5-0 win over then-No. 2 Westmont (Calif.).
• Registered a hat trick and team-high six points against Westmont.
• Currently ranks second on the team in goals with six and points with 12.
• Earns first career NAIA National Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Jordan Poire, Columbia (Mo.); Chelsea Seng, St. Andrews (N.C.); Hanna Hermansson, Marymount (Calif.); Acacia Johnson, Northwest (Wash.); Samantha Yasatan, Trinity International (Ill.); Rachel Baker, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Rylei North, Westminster (Utah); Megan Johnson, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.); Maria Del Carmen Blasco, Missouri Valley; Jessica Renzelman, Tabor (Kan.); Lauren Schuster, Midway (Ky.); Shauna Gilpin, Cumberland (Tenn.); Abby Zach, College of Saint Mary (Neb.); Rachel Muse, AIB (Iowa); Hanne Neby, Texas at Brownsville; Cerila Zamarippa, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Jenny Knibbs, Brenau (Ga.); Linnea Lindmark, Northwood (Fla.); Heather Emke, Concordia (Mich.).
Defensive Nominees: Ashley Deckard, William Woods (Mo.); Victoria Schillinger, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Sandra Rodriguez, Marymount (Calif.); Allie Holterman, Warner Pacific (Ore.); Tess Marcordes, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Courtney Harrison, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Jamie Carter, Carroll (Mont.); Mallory Taylor, Hastings (Neb.); Michelle Plowman, Missouri Valley; Madison Wiles, Bethel (Kan.); Angie Abel, Point Park (Pa.); Reneé LaRose, Cumberland (Tenn.); Kristin Hanson, Bellevue (Neb.); Kaylin Swart, AIB (Iowa); Mariana Sanches, St. Thomas (Texas); Kaitlyn Whitten, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Linfah Jones, William Carey (Miss.); Kayla Hanel, Webber International (Fla.); Hannah Baines, Northwestern Ohio.
2014-15 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 10): Lexi Gochnauer, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.), Caryn Welch, Avila (Mo.)
Week 2 (September 17): Nicole Franklin, Concordia (Ore.), Inma Martinez, Missouri Valley
Week 3 (September 24): Allison Keeney, Rio Grande (Ohio), Megan Johnson, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)
Week 4 (September 30): Jazmin Alvarez, Concordia (Calif.), Natasha Coyle, The Master's (Calif.)