NAIA Women?s Soccer Players of the Week ? No. 9 (Nov. 4)
By Mike DeVader, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. – Lyana Perez of Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) and Rebecca Wynne of Mobile (Ala.) were named NAIA Women’s Soccer National Players of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Perez and Wynne were selected for their play during the week of Oct. 27-Nov. 2 and were chosen out of the conference and Association of Independent Institutions award winners.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Lyana Perez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Sophomore, Forward, Lima, Peru
• Perez helped lead Lindsey Wilson to a 6-1 upset over then-No. 1 Cumberland (Tenn.) on Oct. 27.
• She scored two goals within 32 seconds after the Bulldogs took a 1-0 lead early in the first half.
• Perez’s second score was the game-winner for the Blue Raiders 14 minutes into the match. She added an assist in the 66th minute, her fifth point of the contest.
• This is her first Player of the Week Award.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Rebecca Wynne, Mobile (Ala.)
Junior, Goalkeeper, Auburn, Ala.
• Wynne made seven saves and led the Rams to a 2-0 record this week with wins over Auburn-Montgomery (Ala.) and then-No. 5 Martin Methodist (Tenn.).
• By stopping six shots in 90 minutes against the RedHawks, Wynne helped Mobile clinch the Southern States Athletic Conference crown for the first time since 2005.
• The junior is now 11-1-1 in goal this season with seven shutouts, as her team is on a 10-match winning streak.
• This is her first Player of the Week honor.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Shnell Briscoe, Park (Mo.); Alexis Dalberth, Tennessee Wesleyan; Kalyn Goodenough, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Morgan Elzinga, Trinity International (Ill.); Corrie Good, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Jennifer Beaudoin, Westminster (Utah); Brooke Lillywhite, Westmont (Calif.); Taylor Geis, Hastings (Neb.); Haley Ennis, Missouri Valley; Emily Lupton, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Sierra Meyer, Southwestern (Kan.); Kasey Crow, Rio Grande (Ohio); Abby Zach, College of Saint Mary (Neb.); Molly Machometa, Viterbo (Wis.); Jenna Hinck, Jamestown (N.D.); Monica Mendes, Texas at Brownsville; Jade Ovendale, Science & Arts (Okla.); Katie Compton, Mobile (Ala.); Bre Eldridge, Southeastern (Fla.); Julia Palushaj, Concordia (Mich.).
Defensive Nominees: Brittany Griffin, William Woods (Mo.); Jessica Griffith, St. Andrews (N.C.); Maggie Morales, UC Merced; Mckenzie Hengesh, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Kristiana Daniels, Taylor (Ind.); Abi Yanke, Westminster (Utah); Lauren Terry, Vanguard (Calif.); Chrissy Lind, Concordia (Neb.); Shelby Schiraldi, Baker (Kan.); Samantha Wooster, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Kelsey Smith, Friends (Kan.); Allison Keeney, Rio Grande (Ohio); Johanna Henriksson, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Aubriana Batchelor, Bellevue (Neb.); Morgan Lynn, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Elisa Martin, Jamestown (N.D.); Amanda Fulton, Texas at Brownsville; Addie Lee, Science & Arts (Okla.); Elle Bruno, Southeastern (Fla.); Jade Antolec, Concordia (Mich.).
2014-15 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 9): Lexi Gochnauer, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.), Caryn Welch, Avila (Mo.)
Week 2 (Sept. 16): Nicole Franklin, Concordia (Ore.), Inma Martinez, Missouri Valley
Week 3 (Sept. 23): Allison Keeney, Rio Grande (Ohio), Megan Johnson, Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)
Week 4 (Sept. 30): Jazmin Alvarez, Concordia (Calif.), Natasha Coyle, The Master's (Calif.)
Week 5 (Oct. 7): Brittany Houghton, College of Idaho, Shauna Gilpin, Cumberland (Tenn.)
Week 6 (Oct. 14): Lindsay Armstrong, Aquinas (Mich.), Samantha Yasatan, Trinity International (Ill.)
Week 7 (Oct. 21): Mackenzie Anderson, Central Baptist (Ark.), Julia Schojan, Fisher (Mass.)
Week 8 (Oct. 28): Sofia Pacino, Hope International (Calif.), Mercy Darkoah, Bellevue (Neb.)
Week 9 (Nov. 4): Rebecca Wynne, Mobile (Ala.), Lyana Perez, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)