Women?s Soccer Modified RPI ? No. 2 (Oct. 21)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – (Complete MRPI List) In the second edition of the 2015 NAIA women’s Soccer Modified Ratings Percentage Index (MRPI), Northwestern Ohio leads the way at No. 1, the national office announced Wednesday. The next MRPI poll will be released on Nov. 16.
• Northwestern Ohio is No. 1 for the first time in School history. The highest rank the Racers have held was No. 3 on Sept. 30, 2015.
• Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) comes in at No. 2. The Blue Raiders have been in the top five in seven-straight MRPI ratings, dating back to 2013.
• No. 18 Ottawa (Kan.) is the highest team in the MRPI ratings that is not represented in the NAIA Coaches’ Top 25 poll.
• No. 6 Spring Arbor (Mich.) has appeared in the top 10 in eight-straight polls, dating back to 2010.
• Only four teams have been inside the top 30 in every MRPI ballot since it was introduced in 2010 – Lindsey Wilson, Keiser (Fla.) (formerly Northwood), Martin Methodist (Tenn.) and Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)
• Lindsey Wilson has the most No. 1 rankings with four. Former NAIA-member Concordia (Ore.) is second with three.
• For the complete MRPI, click here.
• For the complete ratings calendar, click here.
• The Men’s Soccer Modified Ratings Percentage Index (MRPI)—first adopted in 2010—will select the at-large qualifying teams and seed the 32-team national championship opening round field. For a MRPI calendar, click here.
• The final MRPI, used to select the at-large teams, will occur on Monday, Nov. 16. This takes place one day later than the past few years.
• The MRPI consists of the team’s modified winning percentage, their opponents’ winning percentage and the cumulative ratings points from the NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. Each of the three values has a weighted percentage calculated in the MRPI. The MRPI modifies the value of home/away/neutral results and adds more value for games against opponents ranked in their respective national poll.
• For a complete description of the MRPI formula, go to Appendix B (page 29) in the Soccer Coaches’ Manual, or click here.
2015 Women’s Soccer Modified Ratings Percentage Index (MRPI) – No. 2 (Oct. 21)
|2||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||0.930149|
|5||William Carey (Miss.)||0.83779|
|6||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||0.828758|
|7||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||0.821799|
|14||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||0.711697|
|16||Siena Heights (Mich.)||0.673988|
|21||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)||0.603498|
|27||The Master's (Calif.)||0.529597|
|29||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||0.52451|