2015 Women?s Soccer Coaches? Top 25 Poll ? No. 8 (Nov. 10)
By Scott Barker, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) is the No. 1 team in the eighth-regular season edition of the NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. The final regular season installment will be released Sunday, Nov. 15. The MRPI, qualifiers and pairings will be announced live on Monday, Nov. 16 at 10 a.m. CST.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) is No. 1 for the tenth-straight edition of the Top 25, as the Blue Raiders received all 17 first-place votes and 467 total points.
• Northwestern Ohio is No. 2 for the sixth-straight week and for the seventh time this season. The Racers received 451 points.
• There was not a lot of movement in the Top 25, as 13 teams are ranked in the same position they were last week.
• Oklahoma Wesleyan highlighted the positive movement, as it moved up three spots from No. 22 to No. 19.
• Georgetown (Ky.) had the largest fall in the poll as it dropped two positions from No. 20 to No. 22.
• Lindsey Wilson continues its quest to become the first team to go the entire season ranked No. 1.
• Only one newcomer joins this week’s poll – No. 25 MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)
• This is the first Top 25 ranking in school history for MidAmerica Nazarene.
• Missouri Valley (No. 18) was the only team to drop out of the Top 25.
• The Mid-South Conference, Southern States Athletic Conference, Heart of America Athletic Conference and Golden State Athletic Conference leads all leagues with three teams represented each.
• Thirteen of the 19 conferences/Association of Independent Institutions are represented in this week’s installment.
• Lindsey Wilson extends its NAIA record of most No. 1 mentions to 55. Former-NAIA member Azusa Pacific (Calif.) is second with 33. The Blue Raiders also extend the longest active streak of consecutive appearances in the Top 25 to 167, including 137-straight in the top 10.
• For the complete ratings calendar, click here.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of 19 head coaches representing each of the conferences, independents and unaffiliated groups.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the team appears on.
• Teams who receive only one point in the ballot will not be listed in the “Receiving Votes” category.
• The Modified Ratings Percentage Index (MRPI) is a separate ranking conducted on Sept. 29, Oct. 20 and Nov. 16. The MRPI—first adopted in 2010—will select the at-large national championship qualifying teams and seed the 32-team national championship opening round field.
• For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2015 NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll (Nov. 10)
|RANK||LAST ^||SCHOOL (1st PLACE VOTES)||2015 RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (17)||15-1-2||467|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||15-1-1||438|
|4||4||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||13-3-0||421|
|5||5||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||17-2-1||403|
|14||14||Siena Heights (Mich.)||17-3-0||277|
|17||T18||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||14-4-1||213|
|18||17||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||12-4-3||197|
|20||21||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||12-4-2||180|
|25||RV||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||12-5-2||87|
Dropped from the Top 25: Missouri Valley (Mo.) (No. 18)
Others receiving votes: Missouri Valley (Mo.) 68; Our Lady of the Lake (Texas) 61; Oklahoma City 49; Columbia (Mo.) 44; Marian (Ind.) 30; Carroll (Mont.) 28; Reinhardt (Ga.) 20; Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 19; Kansas Wesleyan 18; St. Thomas (Fla.) 10; Morningside (Iowa) 6; Bellevue (Neb.) 3; St. Thomas (Texas) 3.