NAIA Women?s Soccer Players of the Week ? No. 4 (Sept. 27)
Photo by Dylan Brown, Midway Athletics
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Kindsay Miller-Riney of Midway (Ky.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Madison Donihoo of Mid-America Christian (Okla.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Kindsay Miller-Riney, Midway (Ky.)
5-5, Jr., F, Bardstown, Ky.
• In three matches last week, Miller-Riney recorded seven goals and one assist, tallying 15 points.
• She ranks No. 1 in the NAIA in four different categories: goals per game (2.8), game winning goals per game (0.6), points per game (6.2) and shots on goal per game (4.6).
• Miller-Riney also ranks No. 2 in the NAIA in total goals (14) and No. 3 in total point (31).
• She logged a single game career-high of six shots on goal against Pikeville (Ky.).
National Defensive Player of the Week
Madison Donihoo, Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
5-8, Fr., G, Mustang, Okla.
• In two matches played last week, Donihoo recorded 14 saves in 200 minutes played.
• She posted three saves in a 1-0 victory over Texas College.
• Donihoo logged a career-high 11 saves as the Lady Evangels settled for a 0-0 tie with Bethel (Tenn.).
• She is second in the Sooner Athletic Conference in shutouts (3) and saves (42), third in saves per game (6) and fifth in goals against average (1.61).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Nina Carolissen, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Celly Ruiz, Point (Ga.); Natalia Gilbert, Soka (Calif.); Megan McArthur, Southern Oregon; Jamie Karch, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.); Ginyce Haywood, Goshen (Ind.); Brooke Lillywhite, Westmont (Calif.); Pt Perez, Midland (Neb.); Nicki Noreen, Central Methodist (Mo.); Sydney Alexander, Ottawa (Kan.); Savannah Moreland, Cumberland (Tenn.); Brittney Thornton, Waldorf (Iowa); Josefina Mendizabal, St. Thomas (Texas); Taylor Ross, Texas Wesleyan; Tyler-Rae Molloy, Mobile (Ala.); Konya Plummer, Southeastern (Fla.); Nicole Propst, Lawrence Tech (MI)
Defensive Nominees: Flavia Rosado, Columbia (Mo.); Taylor Asher, Reinhardt (Ga.); Sydney Lund, UC Merced; Emily Bushue, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.); Lauren Engelkes, Taylor (Ind.); Jamie Carter, Carroll (Mont.); Haley Magana, Vanguard (Calif.); Emma Toohey, Hastings (Neb.); Manaia Siania Unutoa, Graceland (Iowa); Jane Potter, Kansas Wesleyan; Christie Funk, Cumberlands (Ky.); Katie Meyer, Viterbo (Wis.); Emma Pinkerton, St. Thomas (Texas); Emily Belt, Midway (Ky.); Cecilia Duarte, Mobile (Ala.); Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.); Hannah Baines, Northwestern Ohio2016-17 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 07): Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.) , Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (September 14): Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.) , Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
Week 3 (September 21): Ashley Timmons, Spring Arbor (Mich.) , Tia Sanford, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 4 (September 28): Madison Donihoo, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) , Kindsay Miller-riney, Midway (Ky.)