2017 NAIA Women's Soccer Players of the Week ? No. 1 (Sept. 5)
By Chad Waller, NAIA Director of Athletics Communications & Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Millene Cabral of Martin Methodist (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Romane Salvador of Northwestern Ohio has been named the NAIA National Women’s Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Cabral and Salvador were selected based on their performances from Aug. 28 – Sept. 3, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Offensive Player of the Week
Millene Cabral, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) Jr., F, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Cabral had a pair of hat tricks in two Martin Methodist (Tenn.) wins last week.
- Weekly Stats:
- Tallied seven goals for 14 points in two RedHawks’ wins, including three against (RV) Marian (Ind.).
- Recorded season-high four goals in 9-2 win over Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.).
- Ranks No. 1 in the NAIA in total goals (13) and total points (29) through five contests.
Defensive Player of the Week
Romane Salvador, Northwestern Ohio Fr., GK, Lyon, France
- Salvador’s highlight occurred in the 2-1 road win at No. 3 Vanguard (Calif.) on Aug. 31. In her fourth collegiate start, she compiled a career-high seven saves in 90 minutes of work.
- Weekly Stats:
- Compiled 13 saves in 195 minutes in the net
- Defeated two Top 25 opponents in No. 3 Vanguard and No. 11 Westmont (Calif.).
- Went 2-0 last week to improve to 4-0-0 on the season.
Offensive Nominees: Nina Carolissen, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Heather Blaszak, Columbia (S.C.); Andrea Sida, La Sierra (Calif.); Morgan Wahlen, St. Ambrose (Iowa); Bailey Zehr, Taylor (Ind.); Tiara Duford, Rocky Mountain (Mont.); Jasmine Parada, The Master's (Calif.); Pt Perez, Midland (Neb.); Megan Kimrey, Graceland (Iowa); Julia Schojan, Fisher (Mass.); Katie Herba, SUNY-Delhi; Marjolen Nekesa, Oklahoma Wesleyan; Bethany Massey, Georgetown (Ky.); Macey Kalscheur, Viterbo (Wis.); Desiree Morgas, Southwest (N.M.); Olivia Mantohbang, WVU Tech; Brittney Stephens, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Uchenna Kanu, Southeastern (Fla.); Camilla Andersen, University of Northwestern Ohio.
Defensive Nominees: Erin Douglas, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.); Juliana Schardong, Union (Ky.); Lauren Holly, La Sierra (Calif.); Kat Sanchez, Northwest (Wash.); Bethany Dombkowski, St. Francis (Ill.); Abby Schue, Grace (Ind.); Kaylin Swart, Menlo (Calif.); Lindsey Carley, Concordia (Neb.); Jady Polson, Graceland (Iowa); Sydney Alexander, Ottawa (Kan.); Jovana Ivanovic, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Mason Richardson, LSU Shreveport (La.); Emily Belt, Midway (Ky.); Madison Donihoo, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Danielle Krzyzaniak, Bethel (Tenn.); Heidi Ruth, Southeastern (Fla.).
2017 Women’s Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (Sept. 5): Romane Salvador, University of Northwestern Ohio; Millene Cabral, Martin Methodist (Tenn.)