2015-16 NAIA Women?s Swimming & Diving Coaches? Poll ? No. 3 (Feb. 24)
By Colbi Howser, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Savannah (Ga.) ends its regular-season controlling the No. 1 ranking in the final regular-season edition in the 2015-16 Women’s Swimming & Diving Coaches’ Poll, the national office announced Wednesday.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2002-03):
• No. 1 SCAD Savannah grabbed all five first-place votes and 65 points this week. The Bees are 2-0 dual meets on the season.
• In its final meet of the season, the Bees won 15-of18 event for a second place finish at the Vikings Classic, Jan. 22-23 in Mount Berry, Ga.
• Julie Woody, Emma McKinley and Caroline Lepesant lead the team with five total first place finishes, including Woody’s 50-yard free that ranks first in the NAIA, 100-yard breaststroke and 100 free that were season-best for her.
• SCAD Savannah had 22 swimmers post NAIA “A” standard this season and will be taking a full 18 swimmer roster to the NAIA National Championships in Columbus, Ga., March 2-5.
• Brenau (Ga.) ends its season with a win, defeating Emmanual (Ga.) and Columbia (S.C.), Jan. 30 in Franklin Springs, Ga.
• The Golden Tigers took home first place wins in the 200-yard medley and 200-yard freestyle. Ella Kleinschmidt was the deciding factor, finishing with wins in the 200-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle.
• Top 10 team ratings will be compiled and voted on by the ratings committee and sent to the NAIA Sports Information Department by a Presidential committee.
• Top 10 team ratings are conducted by a committee of NAIA Swimming and Diving coaches three times during the season.
• The committee will use the most current “top times” as the primary source of ranking.
2015-16 NAIA Women’s Swimming & Diving Coaches Poll - (Feb. 24)
|RANK||LAST TIME^||SCHOOL (1st Place Votes)||Total Points|
|1||1||SCAD Savannah (Ga.) (5)||65|
|4||5||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||44|
|6||6||College of Idaho||21|
|7||9||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||16|
|8||T7||West Virginia Tech||15|