2015 NAIA Women?s Tennis Player of the Week ? No. 6 (April 29)
By Mike DeVader, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Amy Fritz of Evangel (Mo.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Tennis Player of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. She was selected based on her performances from April 20 – 26 and was chosen out of a pool of conference, Association of Independent Institutions and unaffiliated group winners.
National Tennis Player of the Week
Amy Fritz, Evangel (Mo.)
Sr., Bonita Springs, Fla.
• Fritz went 2-0 in No. 1 singles and 3-0 in No. 1 doubles in the unaffiliated group (AMC/HAAC/MCC) tournament in Topeka, Kan., on April 24-25
• Her stellar play helped lead her team to a 5-2 victory over Graceland (Iowa) in the championship match.
• The final match victory propelled Evangel to the 2015 NAIA Women's Tennis National Championships on May 12-16, in Mobile, Ala.
• Individually, the senior did not lose a point all tournament with a pair of 6-0, 6-0 wins.
• In doubles competition, she outscored the opposition 24-6. As a team, Evangel held a 15-2 score advantage en route to the group’s automatic berth.
For the complete 2015 Tennis Player of the Week schedule, click here.
Nominees: Audrey Rang, Marian (Ind.); Frankie Eszes, Northwestern (Iowa); Valeria Podda, Georgia Gwinnett; Natalie Fiepke, Georgetown (Ky.); Henar Munoz, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Isabella Dale, Cumberlands (Ky.); Anna Rudolfova, Auburn Montgomery (Ala.); Valeria Popko, Northwestern Ohio.
2014-15 Women's Tennis Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (March 25): Camille Gbaguidi, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Week 2 (April 1): Adela Gil, Missouri Valley
Week 3 (April 8): Caroline Vernet, Xavier (La.)
Week 4 (April 15): Andrea Crook, Arizona Christian
Week 5 (April 22): Camille Gbaguidi, SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
Week 6 (April 29): Amy Fritz, Evangel (Mo.)