2015 Women's Outdoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week - No. 1
By: Chad Waller, Director of Communications & Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Alexis Browner (pictured) of Wayland Baptist (Texas) has been named NAIA National Women's Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week and McKenzie Warren of Concordia (Ore.) has been selected as the NAIA National Women's Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week, the national office announced Wednesday. Browner and Warren were selected based on their performances from March 16 – 22. This is the first award of the 2015 outdoor track & field season.
Women's Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week
Alexis Browner, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Jr., Sacramento, Calif.
• At the NCAA Division I UTEP (Texas) Springtime Invitational on March 21, Browner ran the NAIA's fastest time of the season and the fifth-fastest time in the world in the 100 meters.
• She finished in with a clocking of 11.39.
• Ran the second leg of 4x100 relay (44.66) that stands No. 1 in the NAIA and No. 4 in the country (all collegiate levels).
• Relay team shattered old school record of 45.19 set three years ago.
Women's Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week
McKenzie Warren, Concordia (Ore.)
Jr., Boring, Ore.
• Won all three events – shot put, discus and hammer – at the NCAA Division I Portland State University Rose City Preview on March 21.
• Warren hit NAIA 'A' championship qualifying status in the shot put and the discus throw and the 'B' standard in the hammer throw.
• Her shot put (46-7 1/4, 14.20m) and discus throw (155-8, 47.46m) marks are currently No. 1 on the NAIA performance list.
• Her effort in the hammer throw (159-7, 48.65m) sits at No. 2 in the country.
For the complete Athlete of the Week calendar, click here.
Track Nominees: Grace Young, William Woods (Mo.); Aliyah Reams, Missouri Baptist; Kristen Garwood, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.); Robbiccaa Williams, Tennessee Wesleyan; Katie Herdman, Union (Ky.); Nichole DeGrange, College of Idaho; Amelia Maguin, Southern Oregon; Elissa Stoltz, Oregon Tech; Caitlyn Safley, Concordia (Ore.); Ashanna Hodge, Eastern Oregon; Cecilee Russell, Corban (Ore.); Brooke Johnson, St. Francis (Ill.); Allison Steinbeck, Taylor (Ind.); Rebekah Mullins, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Sarah McBeath, Indiana Wesleyan; Devinn Rolland, Xavier (La.); Kaitlyn Fortuna, Dillard (La.); Katie Guarnaccia, Point Park (Pa.); Grace Yeaton, Indiana East; Danielle Hoop, Cumberlands (Ky.); Kevia Gonzales, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Myra Nichols, Clarke (Iowa); Katie Roberts, Grand View (Iowa); Maria Aguayo, Texas Wesleyan; Haley Milsark, Loyola (La.); Elena Oslund, Brenau (Ga.); Annie Cooks, William Carey (Miss.); Ellie Staker, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Megan Fitzgerald, Southeastern (Fla.); Betsy Douglas, USC Beaufort (S.C.); Leah Shepherd, Cornerstone (Mich.); Shayla France, Indiana Tech.
Field Nominees: McClendon Alliah, William Woods (Mo.); Rachel Lawhorn, Tennessee Wesleyan; Alyssa Neal, Warner Pacific (Ore.); Joelle Swanson, Oregon Tech; Michelle Perez, Northwest (Wash.); Talitha Fagen, Eastern Oregon; Mya Brown, Grace (Ind.); Emily Stearns, Indiana Wesleyan; Haley White, Taylor (Ind.); Danielle Glover, Dillard (La.); Drew Chatters, Xavier (La.); Morgan Stanley, Indiana East; Janice Brown, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Taylor Mayes, Cumberlands (Ky.); Jena Krebs, Grand View (Iowa); Tiona Owens, Wayland Baptist (Texas); Ongelic Hill, Texas Wesleyan; Elizabeth Scioneaux, Loyola (La.); Tasha Pratt, William Carey (Miss.); Stephanie Mueller, Embry-Riddle (Fla.); Ty'Chelle Freeman, USC Beaufort (S.C.).
2015 Women's Outdoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week (Field; Track)
Week 1 (March 25): McKenzie Warren, Concordia (Ore.); Alexis Browner, Wayland Baptist (Texas)