2019 NAIA Women's Outdoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week ? No. 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Ratesha Smith of Webber International (Fla.) was named the NAIA outdoor track athlete of the week and Bailey Turner of Park (Mo.) was named the NAIA outdoor field athlete of the week. The duo was chosen out of a pool of conference group winners.
Track Athlete of the Week
Ratesha Smith, Webber International
SO, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Smith competed in the UNCW Invitational last week
- Weekly Stats
- Finished first of five in the 100m dash with a time of 12.19
- Finished second of 22 in the 100m dash with a time of 12.23
- Finished fourth of 26 in the 200m dash with a time of 26.13
Field Athlete of the Week
Bailey Turner, Park
FR, Olathe, Kan.
- Turner competed in the CMU Open last week
- Weekly Stats
- Finished first of 19 athletes in the triple jump with a mark of 11.51m
- Finished first of 11 athletes in the long jump with a mark of 5.65m
For more information on NAIA women’s indoor track & field, CLICK HERE
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
Track Nominees: Shelby Kallem, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) ; Courtney Richardson, William Woods (Mo.) ; Amy Ferguson, Milligan (Tenn.) ; Cass Brownell, Northwest Christian (Ore.) ; Danielle De Castro, Oregon Tech ; Arianna Daniel, Southern Oregon ; Hannah Clarizio, Corban (Ore.) ; Tamia Mills, Marian (Ind.) ; Shalysa Wray, Xavier (La.) ; Kathryn Vander Poel, Mount Mercy (Iowa) ;
Field Nominees: Taylor Luster, Columbia (Mo.) ; Liz Maller, Milligan (Tenn.) ; Paige Dodd, Eastern Oregon ; KiAshe Hobby, Southern Oregon ; Brittany Coleman, Warner Pacific (Ore.) ; Anna Miller, Northwest (Wash.) ; Alex Conley, Oregon Tech ; Jasmine Wardell, Mount Mercy (Iowa) ;
2018-19 Women's Outdoor T&F Composite Award Winners (Field, Track)
Week 1 (March 20): Bailey Turner, Park (Mo.), Ratesha Smith, Webber International (Fla.)