2017 NAIA Women's Volleyball National Championship ? Day 4
By Katie Green, Manager of Athletics Communications and Media
Picture courtesy of Referee Photo. To order photos, CLICK HERE
SIOUX CITY, Iowa – After 12 matches on day five, only four teams remain: Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Missouri Baptist, Viterbo (Wis.) and Dordt (Iowa) in the 38th NAIA Women’s Volleyball National Championship in Sioux City, Iowa at the Tyson Events Center/Gateway Arena.
Bracket Play Scores
- Lindsey Wilson defeated Eastern Oregon, 3-1
- Corban (Ore.) defeated Grand View (Iowa), 3-2
- College of Idaho defeated Midland (Neb.), 3-2
- Missouri Baptist defeated Montana Tech, 3-1
- Viterbo defeated Jamestown (N.D.), 3-0
- Park (Mo.) defeated Morningside (Iowa), 3-0
- Westmont (Calif.) defeated Northwestern (Iowa), 3-0
- Dordt defeated Hastings (Neb.), 3-1
- Lindsey Wilson defeated Corban, 3-0
- Missouri Baptist defeated College of Idaho, 3-2
- Viterbo defeated Park, 3-0
- Dordt defeated Westmont, 3-0
For complete schedule and bracket, CLICK HERE.
- For the first time in school history Corban advanced to the quarterfinals.
- Lindsey Wilson advanced to the semifinal round for the second time in school histoy. In the quarterfinal match against Corban, Caitlyn Tino became the Blue Raiders new all-time career digs leader. Tino ended the day with a career 2,054 digs.
- Dordt was the only team from the Great Plains Athletic Conference to advance out of the first round after knocking out the defending national champion Hastings.
- Six-of-eight of the top seeded teams out of pool play advanced to the quarterfinals. Dordt and Corban overcame the top seed in their matches.
- Five-of-eight of the first round matches were decided in more than three set.
- Lindsey Wilson, Viterbo and Missouri Baptist are the only teams with a perfect 5-0 record in the championship going into the semifinal match.
- Park is 2-0 all-time in first round matches and 6-1 in bracket play.
- Paulina Sobolewska of Lindsey Wilson has had a double-double in every match during the national tournament.
- Viterbo has won 37 consecutive sets dating back to October 21.
- Any of the four semifinalists would be a first-time NAIA national championship winner.
- The three most recent champions have all been knocked out of the tournament: Columbia, Hastings and Park.
- Viterbo and Lindsey Wilson are two of the three teams that were ranked No. 1 in the Coaches' Top 25 Poll at some point during the 2017 season.
- Semifinals will be played at 11 a.m. on Saturday to decide the finalists.
- The Championship match will be played at 7 p.m.
How to Watch:
The NAIA Network – the association’s official video streaming home – will broadcast all 63 matches (including 48 pool-play matches) live at the 2017 NAIA Volleyball National Championship final site in Sioux City, Iowa. The video platform, powered by Stretch Internet, allows users access to live video, statistics, and social interaction on a number of devices, including mobile. Single day passes can be purchased for $9.95. For more information and the pre-register, click here.
ESPN3 will carry the championship match CLICK HERE