2018 NAIA Women's Volleyball Coaches' Top 25 Poll — No. 3 (Oct. 2)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Park (Mo.) remains in the No. 1 spot in the latest edition of the 2018 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced on Tuesday.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- Park is one of two undefeated teams in the Top 25 poll. What sets the Pirates apart is that they have not dropped a set this season.
- The Pirates will play six matches before the next poll. The team will face two conference opponents and four non-conference opponents which will include No. 23 Montana Tech, RV Georgetown (Ky.) and RV Ottawa (Kan.)
- -New to the poll this week: No. 24 Providence (Mont.) and No. 25 SAGU (Texas)
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 60 total appearances.
- There has only been one program that has been able to maintain the No. 1 ranking for an entire season, with former member Fresno Pacific (Calif.) accomplishing the feat in 2004, 2008 and 2009.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
2018 Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – No. 3 (Oct. 2)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Park (Mo.) ||17-0||591|
|2||2||Grand View (Iowa) ||15-0||572|
|6||4||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||18-3||502|
|7||6||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||17-1||496|
|11||14||The Master's (Calif.)||18-3||411|
|16||12||College of Idaho||12-6||302|
|18||16||Saint Francis (Ind.)||20-3||266|
|21||24||Central Methodist (Mo.)||19-2||196|
Dropped from the rankings: Georgetown (Ky.) and Madonna (Mich.)
Others receiving votes: Georgetown 98, Lourdes (Ohio) 94, Corban (Ore.) 89, Jamestown (N.D.) 85, Ottawa 41, Reinhardt (Ga.) 29, Trinity Christian (Ill.) 27, Marian (Ind.) 24, Aquinas (Mich.) 8, Carroll (Mont.) 7