2018 NAIA Women's Volleyball Players of the Week ? No. 8 (Oct. 23)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Bojana Antunovic of Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) has been named the NAIA National Women’s Volleyball Attacker of the Week,
Attacker of the Week
Bojana Antunovic, Freed-Hardeman
6-0, SR, MB, Indjija, Serbia
- Antunovic recorded two double-doubles in each of the contests her team competed in this week against Central Baptist (Ark.) (18 kills, 18 digs) and Lyon (Ark.) (21 kills, 12 digs).
- Weekly Stats
- 39 kills
- 5.57 kills/set
- 0.397 attack percentage
- Also added 30 digs and four assisted blocks to her stat line
Defender of the Week
5-6, JR, OH, Vega Baja, Puerto Rico
- Santos helped her team to a 2-1 week and recorded double-digit digs in each contest. The defensive specialist recorded a career-high 45 digs against Southeastern (Fla.).
- Weekly Stats
- 110 digs
- 8.46 digs/set
- Also contributed nine assists
Setter of the Week
Manuela Vargas, Columbia
5-9, JR, S, Medellin, Colombia
- Vargas posted a week-high 50 assists against No. 1 Park (Mo.) when the Cougars forced the Pirates to a fifth set for the first time this season. The setter logged two double-doubles against Park (50 assists, 21 digs) and No. 21 Central Methodist (Mo.) (43 assists, 18 digs).
- Weekly Stats
- 182 assists
- 11.38 assists/set
- 56 digs, 3.50 average
- Also contributed four aces, nine assisted blocks
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.
For more information on NAIA women’s volleyball, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistics, click here.
Attacker of the Week Nominees: Kaylah Sloop, St. Andrews (N.C.); Kiana Krumm, La Sierra (Calif.); Megan Van Marter, Northwest Christian (Ore.); Dunja
Defender of the Week Nominees: Thais Andrade, Columbia (Mo.); Violeta Konculic, Union (Ky.); Erin Clark, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.); Ashley Pagan, College of Idaho; Alex Lambros, Saint Xavier (Ill.); Bridget Downs, Bethel (Ind.); Ayla Carpenter, Carroll (Mont.); Brooklynn Cheney, Westmont (Calif.); Allison Kuenle, Doane (Neb.); Megan Besecker, Tougaloo (Miss.); Olivia Brees, Baker (Kan.); Jamie Siess, McPherson (Kan.); Tara Routliffe, Cumberlands (Ky.); Madi Evans, Bellevue (Neb.); Lauren Fernandez-miller, St. Thomas (Texas); Samantha Wigfield, Indiana East (Ind.); Jenna Lowery, John Brown (Ark.); Julianne Wilkes, Faulkner (Ala.); Karly Morris, Aquinas (Mich.)
Setter of the Week Nominees: Julia Felix, Point (Ga.);
2018-19 Women's Volleyball Composite Award Winners (Attacker, Defender, Setter)
Week 1 (September 05): Nada Meawad, Park (Mo.), Alyssa Rupert, Milligan (Tenn.), Danna Gomes, Park (Mo.)
Week 2 (September 12): Rachel Gregg, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho), Alexandra Reid, Sterling (Kan.), Morgan Berry, Ottawa (Kan.) Week 3 (September 19): Lauryn Hilger, Northwestern (Iowa), Valorie Flick, Saint Francis (Ind.), Marija Djonovic, College of Idaho
Week 4 (September 26): Lauryn Hilger, Northwestern (Iowa), Samantha Korn, Taylor (Ind.), Jamie De Jager, Dordt (Iowa)
Week 5 (October 03): Caterina Cigarini, Missouri Baptist, Alex Ewalt, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), Olivia Galas, Bellevue (Neb.)
Week 6 (October 10): Ema Altena, Dordt (Iowa), Alyssa Rupert, Milligan (Tenn.), Jamie De Jager, Dordt (Iowa)
Week 7 (October 17): Devon Heitkamp, University of Northwestern Ohio, Christa Veenstra, Trinity Christian (Ill.), Amy Buffham, Westmont (Calif.)
Week 8 (October 24): Bojana Antunovic, Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.),