2018 NAIA Women's Volleyball Coaches' Postseason Top 25 Poll - Dec. 5
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Park (Mo.) earned its second red banner for the No. 1 spot in the 2018 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Postseason Top 25 Poll, the national office announced on Wednesday.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- Park brought home its second red banner for women’s volleyball. The previous banner was in 2014.
- The Pirates had only one loss on the season to Columbia (Mo.) in the American Midwest Conference Championship.
- New to the poll this week: No. 19 Aquinas (Mich.), No. 24 Trinity Christian (Ill.) and No. 25 Reinhardt (Ga.)
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 64 total appearances.
- There has only been one program that has been able to maintain the No. 1 ranking for an entire season, with former member Fresno Pacific (Calif.) accomplishing the feat in 2004, 2008 and 2009.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
2018 Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Postseason Top 25 Poll – Dec. 5
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||2||Park (Mo.) ||36-1||529|
|5||1||Grand View (Iowa)||36-1||468|
|6||6||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||33-4||439|
|13||9||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||30-6||330|
|14||16||College of Idaho||24-10||314|
|17||12||The Master's (Calif.)||29-8||234|
|21||21||Central Methodist (Mo.)||34-8||178|
|24||NR||Trinity Christian (Ill.)||30-11||134|
Others receiving votes: Vanguard (Calif.) 105, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.), Ottawa (Kan.) 82, Morningside (Iowa) 50, Saint Xavier (Ill.) 49, Bellevue (Neb.) 25, Saint Francis (Ind.) 23, Oklahoma City 16, Milligan (Tenn.) 5