2019 NAIA Women's Volleyball Coaches' Top 25 Poll — Poll 2 (Oct. 2)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Missouri Baptist remains in the No. 1 spot in the second 2019 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- The Spartans are on a 17 game win streak through last week as they remain at No. 1 for the second week in a row.
- Northwestern (Iowa) has captured some attention as the team gained eight of the 21 first-place votes. The Raiders are one of two teams in the Top 25 that remain undefeated.
- Indiana Wesleyan moved up another spot this week after jumping from unranked to No. 4 last time and is the second team in the Top 25 that remains undefeated.
- Viterbo (Wis.) and Eastern Oregon found their way into the top five this week.
- No. 25 Morningside (Iowa) is the only new team to the Top 25 poll this week.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 67 consecutive appearances.
- There has only been one program that has been able to maintain the No. 1 ranking for an entire season, with former member Fresno Pacific (Calif.) accomplishing the feat in 2004, 2008 and 2009.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
2019 Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Missouri Baptist ||17-3||584|
|2||2||Northwestern (Iowa) ||18-0||579|
|12||7||Grand View (Iowa)||13-7||384|
|13||10||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||13-3||356|
|14||14||Central Methodist (Mo.)||20-2||349|
|18||23||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||12-5||263|
|20||16||Providence (Mont.) (Mont.)||13-2||219|
|23||20||College of Idaho||10-5||194|
Others receiving votes: The Master’s (Calif.) 96, Saint Francis (Ind.) 78, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 56, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 51, Evangel (Mo.) 32, Reinhardt (Ga.) 27, Briar Cliff (Iowa) 22, Concordia (Neb.) 9, Ottawa (Kan.) 7, Thomas More (Ky.) 7, Trinity Christian (Ill.) 6, Dakota State (S.D.) 4, Madonna (Mich.) 4