2019 NAIA Women's Volleyball Coaches' Top 25 Poll — Poll 5 (Nov. 13)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Missouri Baptist moved back to No. 1 in the fifth 2019 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- After holding at No. 2 for the last two polls, Missouri Baptist tops the coaches’ poll for the third time this year and fifth time overall.
- Northwestern (Iowa) dropped to No. 2 after a 3-1 upset to unranked Saint Mary (Neb.).
- No team in the Top 25 is undefeated heading into postseason.
- The Top 5 saw a little movement with only Missouri Baptist and Northwestern changing places.
- Fourteen teams remained at the same rank as they were in the last poll.
- New to the Top 25 this week: No. 22 Embry-Riddle (Ariz.), No. 23 Saint Mary (Neb.) and No. 25 Reinhardt (Ga.)
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 70 consecutive appearances. The Blue Raiders land at No. 10 this week.
- There has only been one program that has been able to maintain the No. 1 ranking for an entire season, with former member Fresno Pacific (Calif.) accomplishing the feat in 2004, 2008 and 2009.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Women’s Volleyball Championship! Download the app HERE!
2019 Women’s Volleyball Coaches’ Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||2||Missouri Baptist ||29-4||582|
|2||1||Northwestern (Iowa) ||28-1||577|
|3||3||Indiana Wesleyan ||32-1||552|
|10||10||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||26-5||419|
|11||11||Grand View (Iowa)||26-9||403|
|14||15||Central Methodist (Mo.)||28-3||344|
|19||19||Providence (Mont.) (Mont.)||21-6||243|
|20||20||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||29-2||237|
|23||NR||College of Saint Mary (Neb.)||23-13||138|
|24||25||College of Idaho||17-10||120|
Others receiving votes: Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 106, Dordt (Iowa) 80, Westmont (Calif.) 71, Trinity Christian (Ill.) 67, Menlo (Calif.) 61, Dakota State (S.D.) 40, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 27, Saint Francis (Ind.) 19, Thomas More (Ky.) 10, Xavier (La.) 7, Huston-Tillotson (Texas) 4, Vanguard (Calif.) 3, Morningside (Iowa) 3