2018 NAIA Women's Cross Country Coaches' Top 25 Poll ? Final Poll
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Oregon Tech ran past Wayland Baptist (Texas) for the top spot in the final 2018 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 poll, the national office announced on Tuesday. Wayland Baptist, which held the No. 1-ranking all season prior to the final poll, dropped to tenth.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• The Oregon Tech women finished first, second and third in the Cascade Conference championship race, ending the season with ten first-place votes.
• SCAD Atlanta and Taylor (Ind.) finished in a tie for second. SCAD Atlanta received seven first place votes; Taylor received three.
• Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 41 all-time.
• College of Idaho holds the record for the longest consecutively-ranked active school, appearing in 80-straight polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.” For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2018 Women's Cross Country Coaches' Top 25 Poll – Final Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||4||Oregon Tech ||546|
|2||3||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) ||540|
|2||2||Taylor (Ind.) ||540|
|10||1||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||372|
|11||10||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||364|
|12||11||St. Francis (Ill.)||363|
|13||13||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||332|
|13||13||College of Idaho||332|
|18||18||Point Park (Pa.)||262|
|19||19||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||253|
|21||20||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||196|
|22||NR||St. Thomas (Fla.)||149|
|23||25||Saint Mary (Kan.)||135|
Others Receiving Votes: Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 100, Southeastern (Fla.) 80, Westmont (Calif.) 74, Northwestern (Iowa) 62, MidAmerica Nazarene 51, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 40, Southwestern (Kan.) 33, Columbia (Mo.) 28, Mount Vernon Nazarene 3, Dickinson State (N.D.) 3.