2019 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Oct. 31
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) claims the No. 1 spot in the fourth edition of the 2019 Women’s Cross Country Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- For the second poll in a row, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) remains No. 1 in the country.
- There are three teams that joined the Top 25 this week: No. 11 Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), No. 24 Oklahoma City, No. 25 Bethel (Ind.)
- Four of the five teams in the Top 5 remained. Aquinas (Mich.) is the newcomer to the Top 5 after being ranked at No. 8 last time.
- Eastern Oregon moved up 11 spots this week and Southeastern (Fla.) also moved up a total of six spots.
- Another team on the move in the Top 25 is Olivet Nazarene. The Tigers entered the poll this week at No. 11 after not being ranked previously.
- Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 38 all-time.
- College of Idaho actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the poll at 85. The team and remain at No. 3 in this week’s poll.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women's Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) ||589|
|2||2||Madonna (Mich.) ||573|
|3||3||College of Idaho||552|
|5||4||St. Francis (Ill.)||506|
|11||NR||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||372|
|14||13||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||346|
|19||18||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||260|
|22||20||Shawnee State (Ohio)||204|
Receiving Votes: SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 121, Columbia (Mo.) 95, Westmont (Calif.) 82, Indiana Tech 41, Mount Mercy (Iowa) 30, Montreat (N.C.) 26, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) 26, Friends (Kan.) 25, Northwest Christian (Ore.) 17, Northwest (Wash.) 11, Tennessee Wesleyan 7, Saint Mary (Kan.) 3, Menlo (Calif.) 3, Montana Western 3