2019 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) claims the No. 1 spot in the final edition of the 2019 Women’s Cross Country Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- For the third poll in a row, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) remains No. 1 in the country.
- There are two teams that joined the Top 25 this week: No. 20 Montana Western and No. 23 SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
- Four of the five teams in the Top 5 remained. Milligan (Tenn.) is the newcomer to the Top 5 after being ranked at No. 6 last time.
- Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 38 all-time.
- College of Idaho actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the poll at 86. The team remain at No. 6 in this week’s poll.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women's Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) ||586|
|2||2||Madonna (Mich.) ||577|
|5||5||St. Francis (Ill.)||518|
|6||3||College of Idaho||509|
|11||11||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||374|
|13||14||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||362|
|23||NR||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||156|
|24||22||Shawnee State (Ohio)||147|
Receiving Votes: Columbia (Mo.) 117, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 106, Indiana Tech 65, Tennessee Wesleyan 43, Northwest Christian (Ore.) 30, Saint Francis (Ind.) 28, Westmont (Calif.) 26, Friends (Kan.) 17, Northwestern (Iowa) 16, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) 16, Mount Mercy (Iowa) 14, Montreat (N.C.) 8, Bethel (Ind.) 8, Dalton State (Ga.) 5