2019 Women’s Cross Country National Championship Preview
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The 2019 Women’s Cross Country National Championship will take place in Vancouver, Wash. on November 22.
Championship Preview Highlights (all times Pacific Time)
- We will see 37 teams and 89 individuals at the 40th Annual Women’s Cross Country National Championship.
- This is the sixth year that the championship has been hosted in Vancouver, Wash.
- The Cascade Collegiate Conference serves as the host for the championship.
- The 5k race will start at 11:30 a.m. at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. The race will not be streamed live
- While the race will not be streamed live, the awards ceremony will be streamed live and can be found HERE. The ceremony will start at approximately 1:00 p.m.
- The timer will be sending live results HERE. Keep in mind these results are not finalized until after the review period.
- Fort Vancouver National Historic Site is the only national park unit in the Portland-metro area, in sight of snowy mountain peaks and a vibrant urban landscape, this park has a rich cultural past. From a frontier fur-trading post to a powerful military legacy, the magic of flight, and the origin of the American Pacific Northwest. The park preserves and interprets stories of transition, settlement, conflict, and community.
- The 2018 women’s cross country national champions, Oregon Tech, returns to the championship and enters the field as No. 17 in the latest Top 25 poll.
- 2018 individual champion, Anna Shields of Point Park (Pa.), is not returning to the 2019 championship due to graduation.
- College of Idaho, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho), Milligan (Tenn.) and Shawnee State (Ohio) have attended the championship for the last 10 consecutive years.
- There are two teams that are attending the national championship for the first recorded time over the last 10 years: Montana Western and Warner Pacific (Ore.)
- The NAIA meet record for the 5k is 16:24.28 set by Aminat Olowora of Oklahoma City in 2016.
For another look at the qualifiers, list CLICK HERE
Team Participation from 2010-2019
|College of Idaho||10|
|College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||2|
|Dakota State (S.D.)||3|
|Dalton State (Ga.)||3|
|Dickinson State (N.D.)||4|
|Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||10|
|Mount Mercy (Iowa)||2|
|Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||7|
|Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||4|
|Point Park (PA.)||3|
|Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||2|
|SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||4|
|SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||7|
|Shawnee State (Ohio)||10|
|St. Francis (Ill.)||8|
|Warner Pacific (Ore.)||1|