2019 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Preseason Top 25 Poll – Aug. 29
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Madonna (Mich.) opens the 2019 women’s cross country in the No. 1 spot after the team finished second at the 2018 national championship.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
• Madonna (Mich.) finished second in the 2018 championship and returns their full roster from 2018 including three All-Americans.
• Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 38 all-time.
• College of Idaho actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the poll at 81. The team is ranked at No. 8 in the preseason poll.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women's Cross Country Coaches’ Preseason Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||2||Madonna (Mich.) ||584|
|2||5||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) ||574|
|4||4||Southern Oregon ||533|
|5||8||St. Francis (Ill.)||530|
|9||11||College of Idaho||416|
|14||NR||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||369|
|15||10||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||314|
|16||NR||Shawnee State (Ohio)||313|
|18||17||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||268|
|20||25||Saint Mary (Kan.)||171|
|21||19||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||168|
|24||NR||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||148|
Receiving Votes: Mount Mercy (Iowa) 107, Southeastern (Fla.) 82, Huntington (Ind.) 53, Columbia (Mo.) 49, St. Thomas (Fla.) 44, St. Ambrose (Iowa) 43, Indiana Tech 36, Point Park (Pa.) 35, Cumberlands (Ky.) 34, Montana Western 29, Eastern Oregon 29, The Master’s (Calif.) 21, Dickinson State (N.D.) 17, Concordia (Neb.) 9, Baker (Kan.) 6, Cumberland (Tenn.) 4, SCAD Savannah (Ga.) 3