2019 NAIA Football Coaches' Top 25 Poll - Poll Five (Oct. 14)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – After another impressive victory over the weekend, Morningside (Iowa) remained in the driver’s seat in the fifth regular season edition of the Top 25. The top three remained the same this week as Kansas Wesleyan also cruised to a victory while Marian (Ind.) was idle. Grand View (Iowa) advanced to No. 4 while Benedictine (Kan.) rounded-out the top five.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- Morningside took care of business against Briar Cliff (Iowa) over the weekend with a 49-14 win. The Mustangs are a perfect 5-0 heading into another conference tilt with Jamestown (N.D.) on the horizon.
- The Mustangs are ranked No. 1 in eight statistical categories including pass offense per game (342.2), total offensive yards per game (615.4) and first downs per game (28.8).
- Kansas Wesleyan stayed in the No. 2 slot thanks to a lopsided victory on Saturday. The Coyotes are allowing just 47.3 yards on the ground per game in 2019. That ranks at the top of rushing defense in the NAIA this season.
- Montana Tech made the biggest positive movement this week. The Orediggers jumped three spots to No. 19 after defeating Montana Western at home in the NAIA Game of the Week on Saturday.
- Sterling (Kan.) made its way into the Top 25 as the lone newcomer this week. The Warriors are 5-1 on the year and are coming off a 22-0 win over Friends (Kan.) at home.
- Carroll (Mont.) owns the most No. 1-rankings with 57, followed by former NAIA member Sioux Falls (S.D.) (55) Morningside (34), Georgetown (Ky.) (25) and Marian (23).
- Morningside holds the longest active streak with 155-straight Top 25 mentions.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Football Championship! Download the app HERE!
2019 NAIA Football Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 5 (October 14)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Morningside (Iowa) ||5-0||392|
|4||5||Grand View (Iowa)||6-0||346|
|7||8||Saint Francis (Ind.)||4-1||301|
|8||8||College of Idaho||5-0||295|
|9||10||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||6-0||278|
|13||13||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||3-2||202|
|14||14||Dickinson State (N.D.)||5-1||189|
|21||21||Siena Heights (Mich.)||5-1||101|
|23||25||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||5-1||59|
Dropped Out: Bethel (Tenn.)
Others Receiving Votes: None