`2019 NAIA FCS Quarterfinal Preview
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – [FCS Schedule ] The quarterfinal round of the 2019 NAIA Football National Championship will kick-off on Saturday at four campus sites across the country. Winners will advance to the NAIA National Championship Semifinal Round, set for Saturday, Dec. 7. The pairings for the semifinal round will be released on www.NAIA.org on Saturday evening.
The full field features 12 automatic qualifiers and four at-large berths. In order to qualify for an automatic bid, teams must win their conference regular season title and be ranked in the Top 20 in the final NAIA Coaches' Top 25 poll. You may access the final poll here. At-large berths were given to the next highest ranked teams that did not earn an automatic bid.
The 64th NAIA Football National Championship will take place in Grambling, La., at Eddie G. Robinson Stadium on Saturday, Dec. 21. The city of Ruston, La. will host the championship for the first season for more information on the 2019 NAIA Football National Championship, click here.
2019 NAIA Football Championship Series – Quarterfinal Schedule
Saturday, November 30 | Campus Sites
Game 1 – Saint Xavier (Ill.) (9-2) at Morningside (Iowa) (11-0) | 12:00 PM CT | Watch
Game 2 – Cumberlands (Ky.) (10-1) at Marian (Ind.) (10-0) | 1:05 PM ET | Watch
Game 3 –Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (11-0) at Kansas Wesleyan (12-0) | 12:00 PM CT | Watch
Game 4 – College of Idaho (11-0) at Grand View (Iowa) (12-0) | 12:00 PM CT | Watch
2018 NAIA Football Championship Series – Quarterfinal Notes
- No. 1 overall seed Morningside (Iowa) put together an impressive display with a 51-20 win over Dickinson State (N.D.) at home. The Mustangs will host a tough Saint Xavier (Ill.) team for a second year in a row. Saint Xavier beat No. 8 Northwestern (Iowa) in the first round.
- Morningside hosted Saint Xavier in the quarterfinals in 2018. The Mustangs won 51-14 last November and look to do it again.
- Morningside is making its 16th-consecutive appearance in the FCS, which is the longest streak in NAIA Football. The team has reached the quarterfinals in 13 of the last 15 seasons.
- Morningside leads the nation in scoring offense per game and total offense per game as well as seven other categories.
- Of the eight remaining teams, four have captured a national championship.
- Marian (Ind.) leads with two national titles, which have are from 2012 and 2015
- Morningside, Kansas Wesleyan, Saint Xavier are all in the quarterfinal for the second consecutive year.
- Six of remaining teams are still undefeated on the season, Morningside (Iowa), Marian (Ind.), Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Kansas Wesleyan, College of Idaho and Grand View (Iowa).
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Football Championship! Download the app HERE!