NAIA Division I Men?s Basketball Player of the Week ? No. 6 (Feb. 10)
By Chad Waller, Director of Communications and Sports Information
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Jacob Wiley of Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) has been named the NAIA National Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. This honor, which captures statistics from Feb. 2 – Feb. 8, is the sixth edition of the 2014-15 season.
National Player of the Week
Jacob Wiley, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)
6-6, Sr., F, Newport, Wash.
• Wiley averaged 23.0 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.5 blocks and 1.5 assists in two Warrior wins last week – a 79-52 victory over Montana State-Northern on Feb. 5 before an 82-65 upset over No. 20 Great Falls (Mont.) on Feb. 7.
• The nation’s second-most accurate shooter (.654) finished at a 65.5 percent clip from the field.
• Connected on all eight free throw attempts in the two games.
• Recorded his seventh 20-plus point effort, to go along with eight rebounds and three blocks against Montana State-Northern.
• Two nights later, went for a season-high 13 boards and added 24 points, four blocks and three assists in a top-20 victory.
• With those two finishes, the unranked Warriors move into sole possession of third place in the Frontier Conference standings.
• Wiley ranks in the top 50 in the NAIA in eight different statistical categories, including No. 2 in field goal percentage, No. 7 in total blocks (47) and 11th in block per game (1.96).
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
National Nominees: Morris Wright, Xavier (La.); Noah Cottrill, Georgetown (Ky.); Marcus Johnson, Park (Mo.); Marques Pool, Culver-Stockton (Mo.); Matt Qualls, Bacone (Okla.); Gary Inglett, Oklahoma City; Monte Burney, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Pierre Zook, Biola (Calif.).
2014-15 Division I Men's Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (Jan. 6): Korry Tillery, Evangel (Mo.)
Week 2 (Jan. 13): Ta'Quan McDew, Wayland Baptist (Texas)
Week 3 (Jan. 20): Damontre Harris, Campbellsville (Ky.)
Week 4 (Jan. 27): Kelsey Howard, Tougaloo (Miss.)
Week 5 (Feb. 3): D'on Hall, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)
Week 6 (Feb. 10): Jacob Wiley, Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)