2018 NAIA Division I Basketball Player of the Week (December 4, 2018)
Kansas City, Mo. – Jonathan Green of MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) has been named the NAIA National Men's Basketball Division I Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Green was nominated for his performances during the week of Nov. 26 – Dec. 2 and were selected out of a pool of conference award winners.
Player of the Week
Jonathan Green, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)
Sr., Forward, Davidson, N.C.
- Recorded a career-high 38 points against Missouri Valley in a 76-71 home victory
- Weekly Stats:
- Averaged 28.3 points per game
- Double-double against Missouri Valley
- Netted 23 points and three steals against then-No. 2 William Penn (Iowa)
- Shot 46.3 percent from the floor in three games
- Went 33-for-43 from the free throw line
Nominees: Tyrone Alston, Central Baptist (Ark.) ; Jorori Coleman, Langston (Okla.) ; Tonzell Handy, Tougaloo (Miss.) ; Match Burnham, Carroll (Mont.) ; Jeff Garrett, LSU Shreveport (La.) ; Prince Mcdaniel, Stillman (Ala.) ; Jay Jay Simpson, Life (Ga.) ; Keith Phillips, William Jessup (Calif.)
2018-19 Division I Men’s Basketball Composite Award Winners
Week 1 (December 04): Jonathan Green, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)
Don’t miss a minute of any NAIA Championship this season. Buy your All-Championship Pass today.