2019 NAIA Men's Golf Coaches' Top 25 Poll 1 (Oct. 11)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Coastal Georgia are starting the fall season off strong. The Mariner’s have won both their tournaments they have competed in and claimed the No. 1 spot in the first Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2007)
- The Mariner’s captured 14 first-place votes earning 493 final points.
- Previous No.1 and defending national champions, Texas Wesleyan earned one first-place vote. This allowed Ottawa (Ariz.) to also capture three votes this week.
- There were eight newcomers to the poll this week including Southeastern (Fla.), Central Baptist (Ark.), Cumberland (Tenn.), Grand View (Iowa). Lindsey Wilson (Ky.), Mobile (Ala.), Reinhardt (Ga.) and SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
- Ottawa (Ariz.) and Point (Ga.) both entered the top five tying for fourth places each with 437 points.
- No. 3 Oklahoma City continues to lead the NAIA Active Polls Streak with 124 consecutive appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is given one rater for every four schools in the league.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 25 points for each first-place vote, 24 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Coastal Georgia ||493|
|3||1||Texas Wesleyan ||446|
|4||15||Ottawa (Ariz.) (AZ) ||437|
|6||5||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||429|
|7||12||Dalton State (Ga.)||385|
|8||11||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||380|
|16||NR||Central Baptist (Ark.)||220|
|18||NR||Grand View (Iowa)||199|
|21||13||Johnson & Wales (Fla.)||177|
|22||NR||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||130|
|25||NR||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||91|
Dropped Out: University of Northern Ohio, William Carey (Miss.), Oregon Tech, Taylor (Ind.), Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Receiving Votes: Arizona Christian 90, University of Northern Ohio 81, William Carey (Miss.) 68, Oregon Tech 66, Taylor (Ind.) 64, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 53, Bethany (Kan.) 52, Webber International (Fla.) 51, Holy Cross (Ind.) 30, Houston-Victoria (Texas) 24, Columbia (Mo.) 20, Campbellsville (Ky.) 17, Corban (Ore.) 16, Marian (Ind.) 4, Our Lady of the Lake (Texas) 3