2019 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 1 (Sept. 11)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Missouri Valley claims the No. 1 spot in the Coaches’ Top 25. The Vikings moved from No. 2 to No. 1 after scoring 22 goals in four games this past week.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- No. 1 Missouri Valley is currently 4-0 on the season defeating two ranked teams last week.
- The Vikings received all 17 first place votes in the first Coaches’ Preseason Top 25 Poll of the season.
- Bethel (Tenn.) made the biggest jump in the Coaches’ Top 25 moving up from No. 21 to No. 10
- There are nine newcomers to the poll including No. 8 Westmont (Calif.), No. 16 Mobile (Ala.), No. 17 Menlo (Calif.), No. 19 University of Northwestern Ohio, No. 20 Mid-America Christian (Okla.), No. 24 Benedictine (Kan.) and No. 25 Tennessee Wesleyan
- Oklahoma Wesleyan worked their way in to the top 5 this week moving from No. 6 to No. 5
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 130-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second on the list with 120 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||Missouri Valley ||4-0||467|
|2||5||Rio Grande (Ohio)||5-0||440|
|3||1||Central Methodist (Mo.)||5-1||422|
|4||3||William Carey (Miss.)||4-0-2||418|
|12||7||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||2-2||287|
|14||17||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||1-1||269|
|15||10||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||3-1-1||254|
|19||NR||University of Northwestern Ohio||2-1-1||176|
|20||NR||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||3-0||138|
|21||NR||St. Thomas (Fla.)||3-0||134|
|22||8||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||1-2||132|
|23||NR||Hope International (Calif.)||5-0||127|
Dropped From Top 25: Olivet Nazarene (Ill.), Corban (Ore.), Vanguard (Calif.), Bellevue (Neb.), Southern Oregon and Arizona Christian
Others Receiving Votes: Keiser (Fla.) 66, Marymount California 60, Cumberlands (Ky.) 54, Olivet Nazarene 50, Eastern Oregon 43, Morningside (Iowa) 37, LSU Alexandria (La.) 33, WVU Tech 30, Huntington (Ind.) 30, Sterling (Kan.) 16, Corban (Ore.) 16, Vanguard (Calif.) 15, Dalton State (Ga.) 15, John Brown (Ark.) 8, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 7, Bellevue (Neb.) 7, LSU Shreveport (La.) 6, Cumberland (Tenn.) 5, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 4, William Penn (Iowa) 4