2019 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 4 (Oct. 2)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Eagles of Central Methodist earn the No. 1 spot in the 2019 Coaches’ Top 25 for a second week in a row. The No. 1 Eagles currently hold an overall record of 10-1.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- No. 1 Central Methodist received 17-of-18 first place votes, allowing No. 2 Columbia (Mo.) to each receive one vote.
- Columbia (Mo.) continued their unbeaten season to 9-0 which earned themselves the No. 2 spot.
- This is the highest the Cougars of Columbia have ever been in the polls.
- No. 16 William Penn was the only newcomer to join the poll. The Statesmen earned two big road wins last week against then-No. 9 Baker (Kan.) and Grand View (Iowa)
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 133-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second on the list with 123 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 4 (October 2)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||10-1||498|
|2||4||Columbia (Mo.) ||9-0||474|
|3||2||William Carey (Miss.)||6-0-3||470|
|6||7||Rio Grande (Ohio)||9-1||413|
|9||8||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||4-2||354|
|12||12||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||7-1-1||336|
|14||13||St. Thomas (Fla.)||6-1||275|
|16||NR||William Penn (Iowa)||7-2||258|
|17||18||University of Northwestern Ohio||3-1-3||225|
|20||21||LSU Shreveport (La.)||5-3-2||157|
|21||23||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||7-1||151|
|25||22||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||4-3||114|
Dropped Out: Hope International (Calif.) and Rocky Mountain (Mont.)
Others Receiving Votes: WVU Tech 84, Corban (Ore.) 79, Hope International (Calif.) 76, Campbellsville (Ky.) 42, Dalton State (Ga.) 40, Missouri Baptist 25, Grace (Ind.) 24, Morningside (Iowa) 17, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 16, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 13, Keiser (Fla.) 9, Vanguard (Calif.) 8, LSU Alexandria (La.) 6, Grand View (Iowa) 4