2019 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 6 (Oct. 16)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Eagles of Central Methodist earn the No. 1 spot in the 2019 Coaches’ Top 25 for a fourth week in a row. The No. 1-ranked Eagles went 2-0 on the week. Central Methodist netted 24 goals over the course of those two victories.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- No. 1 Central Methodist received 16-of-18 first place votes, allowing No. 2 Columbia (Mo.) to receive two votes.
- No. 2 Columbia (Mo.) post a shutout this week and continued their unbeaten season for a 12-0 record.
- The top five teams remained the same for the third week in a row.
- No. 23 Grand View (Iowa) and No. 25 Campbellsvile (Ky.) joined the poll this week.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 135-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second on the list with 125 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 6 (October 16)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST FIRST PLACE]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||12-1||497|
|2||2||Columbia (Mo.) ||12-0||483|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||9-0-3||464|
|6||7||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||8-2||403|
|10||10||Rio Grande (Ohio)||11-2||349|
|12||12||St. Thomas (Fla.)||9-2||329|
|13||13||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||10-1-2||301|
|14||14||William Penn (Iowa)||11-3||294|
|15||17||University of Northwestern Ohio||6-1-5||253|
|16||18||LSU Shreveport (La.)||9-2-3||242|
|19||20||Mid-America Christian (Okla.)||11-1||211|
|23||RV||Grand View (Iowa)||8-4||118|
Dropped Out: Missouri Valley
Others Receiving Votes: UC Merced (Calif.) 93, Dalton State (Ga.) 74, Missouri Valley 61, Vanguard (Calif.) 45, Kesier (Fla.) 26, Houston-Victoria (Texas) 23, John Brown (Ark.) 19, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 16, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 15, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 12, Indiana Tech 9, Concordia (Neb.) 7, Mount Vernon Nazarene 6, Ottawa (Ariz.) 6, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 4, Roosevelt (Ill.) 3