2019 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 8 (Oct. 30)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Central Methodist (Mo.) remains No. 1 for the sixth week in a row in the 2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. The top five remained unchanged from the previous poll (Oct. 23) with the addition of No. 5 Oklahoma Wesleyan replacing Lindsey Wilson (Ky.).
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- No. 1 Central Methodist received 16-of-18 first place votes, allowing No. 2 Columbia (Mo.) to receive two votes this week.
- The Eagles of Central Methodist remain the No. 1 team in the country with a record of 16-1 overall and 10-0 in the Heart of America Conference Tournament.
- The Columbia Cougars claimed the No. 2 spot. The Cougars posted their ninth straight shutout this season with their 3-0 victory over Hannibal-LaGrange.
- Oklahoma Wesleyan joined the top five this week after defeating (RV) Missouri Valley on the road 1-0. The Eagles are on a 11 game winning streak with seven shutouts in a row.
- Vanguard (Calif.) joined the poll at No. 24 the Lions won their last two games on the road in overtime.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 137-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second on the list with 127 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 8 (October 30)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1ST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||16-1||497|
|2||2||Columbia (Mo.) ||16-0||483|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||11-0-4||461|
|7||9||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||13-1-2||386|
|8||5||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||10-3||377|
|9||10||William Penn (Iowa)||14-3||369|
|13||14||Rio Grande (Ohio)||12-3||294|
|14||13||St. Thomas (Fla.)||10-2-1||280|
|16||16||Grand View (Iowa)||11-4||258|
|21||21||LSU Shreveport (La.)||11-4-3||160|
|22||22||University of Northwestern Ohio||8-1-6||147|
Dropped Out: Mid-America Christian (Okla.)
Receiving Votes: UC Merced (Calif.) 73, John Brown (Ark.) 65, Missouri Valley 62, Life (Ga.) 61. Houston-Victoria (Texas) 34, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 34, Dalton State (Ga.) 33, Keiser (Fla.) 19, Rocky Mountain 17, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) 15, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 11, Roosevelt (Ill.) 8, Lyon (Ark.) 7, Campbellsville (Ky.) 6, Huntington (Ind.) 4, Midland (Neb.) 4