2019 Men's Soccer Coaches' Top 25 – Poll 9 (Nov. 6)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Eagles of Central Methodist scored 89 goals in the regular season (5 per game) helping them to claim the No. 1 spot on the Coaches’ Top 25 for the seventh week in a row.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- No. 1 Central Methodist collected their 17th win this week over MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 9-3. The Eagles collected 17 of the 18 first place votes.
- Columbia (Mo.) remain in the No. 2 spot earning one first place vote. The Cougars have only conceded five goals this season falling just 16 points short of No. 1.
- Mobile (Ala.) moved up one spot to join the top five. The Rams are Southern States Athletic Conference regular season champions with a record of 15-1-1 with their only loss coming to Lindsey Wilson.
- Missouri Valley joined the poll at No. 24 after defeating then-No.9 William Penn 3-1.
- Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the record as the longest consecutively ranked active school at 138-straight polls, dating back to the first installment of the Top 25 in 2007. Rio Grande (Ohio) is second on the list with 128 consecutive polls.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- For the complete men’s soccer ratings calendar, click here.
2019 NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 9 (November 6)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Central Methodist (Mo.) ||17-1||498|
|2||2||Columbia (Mo.) ||17-0||482|
|3||3||William Carey (Miss.)||12-0-4||460|
|6||7||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||14-1-2||400|
|7||8||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||11-3||399|
|11||13||Rio Grande (Ohio)||14-3||325|
|12||9||William Penn (Iowa)||14-1||317|
|14||14||St. Thomas (Fla.)||12-2-1||297|
|15||16||Grand View (Iowa)||12-4||259|
|20||21||LSU Shreveport (La.)||11-4-3||170|
|21||22||University of Northwestern Ohio||10-1-6||167|
Dropped Out: Madonna (Mich.)
Receiving Votes: Life (Ga.) 60, UC Merced (Calif.) 51, Madonna (Mich.) 51, John Brown (Ark.) 46, Dalton State (Ga.) 33, Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 32, Houston-Victoria (Texas) 26, Keiser (Fla.) 20, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 18, Menlo (Calif.) 10, Martin Methodist (Tenn.) 8, Morningside (Iowa) 6, Friends (Kan.) 5, Lyon (Ark.) 5, Roosevelt (Ill.) 4, Huntington (Ind.) 4, Midland (Neb.) 4, Mid-America Christian (Okla.) 3, Campbellsville (Ky.) 3