2019 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Oct. 31
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –Oklahoma City remains at No. 1 in the latest edition of the men’s cross country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll this season.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Oklahoma City notches its 31st No. 1 rank.
- The Stars have been ranked consecutively for the last 15 polls.
- There are four teams that moved into the Top 25 this week: No. 17 Oregon Tech, No. 21 Wayland Baptist (Texas), No. 22 William Woods (Mo.), No. 25 Saint Xavier (Ill.)
- Taylor (Ind.) and Southern Oregon jumped into the Top 5 this week after being ranked at Nine and eight respectively.
- Baker (Kan.) had this biggest move up in the Top 25 this week jumping 10 spots to No. 12 this week.
- Southern Oregon holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 43 all time.
- Southern Oregon actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the Top 25 poll with 104 consecutive appearances. This week the team is at No. 8.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
- Each conference is represented by one rater.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Men’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||591|
|2||2||College of Idaho||570|
|3||3||Saint Mary (Kan.)||547|
|7||7||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||465|
|8||11||Shawnee State (Ohio)||457|
|9||4||The Master's (Calif.)||452|
|11||10||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||388|
|13||5||St. Francis (Ill.)||350|
|18||20||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||272|
|21||NR||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||193|
|22||NR||William Woods (Mo.)||191|
|24||23||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||160|
|25||NR||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||152|
Receiving Votes: Goshen (Ind.) 146, Westmont (Calif.) 112, Columbia (Mo.) 65, Menlo (Calif.) 56, William Carey (Miss.) 38, Siena Heights (Mich.) 33, Missouri Valley 26, Michigan-Dearborn 13, UC Merced (Calif.) 11, SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) 3