2017 NAIA Softball Players of the Week ? No. 4 (April 11)
By Spencer Scheve, Athletics Communications and Media Intern
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Abby Meador of Oklahoma City has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week and Kassidy Butler of Michigan-Dearborn has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Meador and Butler were selected based on their performances from April 3 – 9, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Abby Meador, Oklahoma City
Jr., P, Midwest City, Okla.
• Meador threw a no-hitter in the second game of a doubleheader to help the top-ranked Oklahoma City cruise to an 8-0 run-rule win over Mid-America Christian (Okla.).
• In Meador’s highlighted no-hitter, she recorded 12 of the 15 outs via strikeouts.
• This was Meador’s second career no-hitter, her first came on April 21, 2015.
• She followed her victory by allowing four hits in a 9-0 victory over Oklahoma Wesleyan.
• Meador pitched 11.0 innings, allowing four hits and recording 25 strikeouts on the week.
Softball Player of the Week
Kassidy Butler, Michigan-Dearborn
So. OF/UTL, Parchment, Mich.
• Helped her team to a 4-0 week against Indiana Tech and Northwestern Ohio.
• Had 12 at-bats, connecting for 10 hits, totaling eight RBI’s on the week.
• Butler tallied four doubles while powering three home runs.
• Averaged 3.0 at bats, 2.5 hits, 1.8 runs scored, a batting average of .833 and a slugging percentage of 1.917.
• Butler is ranked No. 4 in the NAIA in slugging percentage (0.938) and No. 9 in batting average (0.516).
For more information on NAIA softball, click here.
For a complete listing of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
Pitcher Nominees: Laura Helmich, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Ryan Simpson, Point (Ga.); Miranda Frickle, La Sierra (Calif.); Hailey Kline, Eastern Oregon; Caroline Brown, Purdue Northwest (Ind.); Breena Smith, Marian (Ind.); Kolbi Tonini, Vanguard (Calif.); Rachel Henks, Morningside (Iowa); Claudia Farrell, Grand View (Iowa); Taylor Rowley, Fisher (Mass.); Rhemi Aguero-Pacheco, Central Christian (Kan.); Chelsi Palazzo, Georgia Gwinnett; Jordyn Parsons, Kansas Wesleyan; Neely Quint, Campbellsville (Ky.); Kelli Fisher, Bellevue (Neb.); Kasey Cazares, LSU Alexandria; Ashley Iagnemma, Point Park (Pa.); Dawn Stewart, Coastal Georgia; Abby Pac, USC Beaufort (S.C.); Marissa Kostick, Lourdes (Ohio)
Player Nominees: Haley Zeier, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.); Ashley Arnold, Milligan (Tenn.); Mary Gonzales, Marymount (Calif.); Jessie Isham, Corban (Ore.); Alyssa Doomis, Trinity International (Ill.); Ashley Kleinbub, Grace (Ind.); Britany Heinle, Vanguard (Calif.); Corrin Ziepke, Hastings (Neb.); Kelsei Davis, Avila (Mo.); Brashante Dareus, Georgia Gwinnett; Kristina Brown, Fisher (Mass.); Morgan Selmi, Fisher (Mass.); Lindsey Ogilvie, British Columbia; Autumn Gillespie, Kansas Wesleyan; Jillian Bohnert, Pikeville (Ky.); Hannah Carter, Bellevue (Neb.); Emily Flores, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Kim Corcoran, Point Park (Pa.); Kali Pugh, Oklahoma City; Victoria Lewis, Mobile (Ala.); Brandee Pietrzak, Southeastern (Fla.)
2017 Softball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher, Player)
Week 1 (March 22): Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.), Allyson Metz, Columbia (Mo.)
Week 2 (March 29): Georgia Wall, Oklahoma City, Kaisey Carson, Indiana Wesleyan
Week 3 (April 5): Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.), Kelsey Gravens, Midway (Ky.)
Week 4 (April 12): Abby Meador, Oklahoma City, Kassidy Butler, Michigan-Dearborn