2018 NAIA Softball Players of the Week ? No. 2 (March 27)
By Chad Waller, Director of Athletic Communications and Media
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Chloe Clifton of Science & Arts (Okla.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week and Morghan Dieringer of St. Francis (Ill.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Clifton and Dieringer were selected based on their performances from March 19 – 25, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Player of the Week
Chloe Clifton, Science & Arts (Okla.)
Sr., 1B, Wayne, Okla.
- During a 6-0 week for the Drovers, Clifton had a hit in all six games, including a trio of hits in two contests
- Weekly Stats
- Batted .500 (11-for-22) with five doubles, two home runs, 10 runs scored and 15 RBI.
- Her highlight of the week came in the 13-6 win over Bacone (Okla.) on March 20 when she went 3-for-5 with three runs scored, two doubles, one triple and four RBI.
- She extended her season hitting streak to 24-straight games.
- Ranks second in the NAIA in total RBI with 47, fifth in runs scored with 37 and eighth in doubles with 12.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Morghan Dieringer, St. Francis (Ill.)
Sr., P, New Lenox, Ill.
- Tossed two complete-game shutouts last week, allowing just eight total hits. In her two starts, Dieringer allowed just one runner to 3rd base
- Weekly Stats
- In 20.0 innings, she didn’t allow a run, gave up 13 hits and posted 23 Ks.
- In four overall appearances (two starts), she tallied a 3-0 record with a save against Trinity International (Ill.) on March 23.
- She has started her conference season with 20-consecutive shutout innings.
- On the year, she is 10-2 on the rubber with two saves.
Player Nominees: Madelyn Hawley, Williams Baptist (Ark.); Madyson Brown, Point (Ga.); Mia Olvera, Simpson (Calif.); Shevan Defreitas, Eastern Oregon; Skye Osborne, Judson (Ill.); Jennifer Kurelic, Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio); Emily Hall, Vanguard (Calif.); Jordan Van Roy, Doane (Neb.); Emily Oler, Mount Mercy (Iowa); Sky Santos, Stillman (Ala.); Alexa Romero, Ottawa (Kan.); Alaeni Ray, Lindsey Wilson (Ky.); Aj Tinoco, Mayville State (N.D.); Alyssa Dial, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Kelsey Conkey, Rio Grande (Ohio); Madison Staniloiu, Middle Georgia State; Kelsey Connolly, Thomas (Ga.); Grace Jackson, University of Northwestern Ohio.
Pitcher Nominees: Kymberlie House, Central Baptist (Ark.); Karley Hobbs, Truett-McConnell (Ga.); Sydney Moorhead, Simpson (Calif.); Hailey Kline, Eastern Oregon; Breena Smith, Marian (Ind.); Courtney Thornhill, Vanguard (Calif.); Hallie Misiaszek, Morningside (Iowa); Olivia Brees, Baker (Kan.); Lauren Averette, Stillman (Ala.); Zoe Gillis, British Columbia; Rylie Scudder, Bethel (Kan.); Tatum Wise, Shawnee State (Ohio); Xitlali Lopez, Dakota State (S.D.); Kelsey Tidrick, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Abby Stroud, Carlow (Pa.); Georgia Wall, Oklahoma City; Karley Sanders, Mobile (Ala.); Lauren West, Thomas (Ga.); Aubrey Brunst, University of Northwestern Ohio.
2018 Softball Composite Award Winners (Pitcher, Player)
Week 1 (March 21): Emily Smith, Valley City State (N.D.); Caitlin McNiff, Missouri Baptist
Week 2 (March 28): Morghan Dieringer, St. Francis (Ill.); Chloe Clifton, Science & Arts (Okla.)