NAIA Women?s Soccer Players of the Week ? No. 2 (Sept. 13)
By Spencer Scheve, Communications and Sports Information Intern
KANSAS CITY, MO. - Aubrey Schierbeek of Spring Arbor (Mich.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Offensive Player of the Week and Ebba Blomqvist of Keiser (Fla.) has been named the NAIA National Women's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday.
National Offensive Player of the Week
Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.)
5-7, Jr., F, Hudsonville, (Mich.)
• Schierbeek scored two goals to lead No. 1 Spring Arbor to a 2-1 win over No. 2 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) in the NAIA Game of the Week Saturday night.
• She scored the game-tying goal in the 38th minute before recording the game winning goal in the 67th minute to complete the come from behind victory for the Cougars.
• Schierbeek has tallied three goals and one assist on the season, totaling seven points.
• Schiebeek’s only other goal came against Trinity International (Ill.) on Aug. 26.
• Ranks No. 31 in the NAIA in shots per game (5.0) and No. 34 in shots on goal per game (2.8)
• First career NAIA National Offensive Player of the Week award.
National Defensive Player of the Week
Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.)
5-7, So., D Skovde, Sweden
• She aided in the 1-0 shutout over William Carey on Friday, as she helped hold the Crusaders to only nine shots in the game.
•Then came back to notch the game winning penalty-kick to secure the victory over Mobile (3-2) on Saturday.
• Blomqvist tallied two points and two shots on Saturday against No. 5 Mobile.
• Ranks No. 17 in the NAIA in total game winning goals (2).
• First career NAIA National Defensive Player of the Week award.
For a complete list of all the national statistical leaders, click here.
For the complete NAIA Player of the Week calendar, click here.
Offensive Nominees: Hanna Schiffhauer, Harris-Stowe State (Mo.); Nikki Bass, St. Andrews (N.C.); Veronica Villacorta, UC Merced; Whitney Weaver, Northwest (Wash.); Karen Santos, Robert Morris (Ill.); Brooke Lillywhite, Westmont (Calif.); Megan Kruse, Hastings (Neb.); Krista Hooper, Baker (Kan.); Cynthia Chavez, Kansas Wesleyan; Emily Shires, Cumberland (Tenn.); Sienna Fraser, Viterbo (Wis.); Samantha Sharpnack-Isom, Texas A&M Texarkana; Kindsay Miller-Riney, Midway (Ky.); Nadine Jaimes, SAGU (Texas); April Stewart, William Carey (Miss.); Alyssa Kaminski, Southeastern (Fla.); Bria West, Cornerstone (Mich.)
Defensive Nominees: Alexandra Lair, Missouri Baptist; Charlotte Stephens, Milligan (Tenn.); Desiree Coles, UC Merced; Lauren Hellum, Northwest (Wash.); Jacqueline Monteon, Robert Morris (Ill.); Rachel DeLancey, Spring Arbor (Mich.); Lauren Aronson, Vanguard (Calif.); Morgan Dillon, College of Saint Mary (Neb.); Clara Sporrer, Grand View (Iowa); Jane Potter, Kansas Wesleyan; Ashley Kambeitz, Cumberland (Tenn.); Tristen Hanks, Houston-Victoria (Texas); Martha Reyna, WVU Tech; Madison Donihoo, Mid-America Christian (Okla.); Cecilia Duarte, Mobile (Ala.); Julia Stewart, Madonna (Mich.)
2016-17 Women's Soccer Composite Award Winners (Defensive, Offensive)
Week 1 (September 07): Abby Baravik, William Carey (Miss.) , Amanda Blixt, Keiser (Fla.)
Week 2 (September 14): Ebba Blomqvist, Keiser (Fla.) , Aubrey Schierbeek, Spring Arbor (Mich.)