2019 NAIA Women's Wrestling Preseason Coaches' Poll
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – In 2019 NAIA Women’s Wrestling Coaches’ Poll, Life (Ga.) took home the top spot with 163 points.
The next installment of the Coaches’ Poll is scheduled for Nov. 26.
Top 25 Highlights
- The No. 1 Eagles had nine wrestlers in the top spots within their respective weight classes.
- Menlo had most No. 1 wrestlers with six: Alleida Martinez (109), Gracie Figueroa (116), Tiana Jackson (123), Solin Piearcy (136), Marilyn Garcia (143) and Precious Bell (170).
- Rounding out the top five were Menlo (Calif.), Cumberlands (Ky.), Wayland Baptist (Texas) and Jamestown (N.D.).
- This is the second year for women’s wrestling as an NAIA invitational sport. Twenty-eight NAIA institutions sponsor women’s wrestling teams during the 2019-2020 season. Women’s wrestling will be eligible for championship status once 40 institutions sponsor a varsity women’s wrestling program.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the four conferences and groupings.
- Two days prior to the national poll, each qualifying group rater submits the top six individuals from each weight class in his conference into the system. Only wrestlers listed on a conference ballot are considered for the national ballot.
- The top 20 individuals in each weight class is based on how each voter ranks the best individuals. An individual receives 20 points for each first place vote, 19 for second place and so on through the list. This same point system is used to determine the team ranking.
- For the complete Top 20 calendar, click here.
|4||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||Central||118|
|14||Saint Mary (Kan.)||KCAC||28|
Top-ranked individuals | Individual Rankings