2019 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Sept. 19
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Madonna (Mich.) remains No. 1 in the latest edition of the 2019 women’s cross country Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- Since the preseason poll, the Crusaders finished second in the Running Fit-Detroit Mercy Titans Invitational and Alison Shapic was the first individual to finish. There are six new teams in the Top 25: No. 19 Huntington (Ind.), No. 20 Southeastern (Fla.), No. 22 Tennessee Wesleyan, No. 23 Mount Mercy (Iowa), No. 24 St. Ambrose (Iowa), No. 25 Columbia (Mo.)
- Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 38 all-time.
- College of Idaho actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the poll at 82. The team moved up to No. 4 in this weeks poll.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women's Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST TIME||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||POINTS|
|1||1||Madonna (Mich.) ||582|
|2||2||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) ||569|
|3||3||Taylor (Ind.) ||560|
|4||9||College of Idaho||536|
|5||5||St. Francis (Ill.)||490|
|16||15||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||271|
|18||16||Shawnee State (Ohio)||250|
|21||14||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||183|
|23||NR||Mount Mercy (Iowa)||163|
|24||NR||St. Ambrose (Iowa)||158|
Receiving Votes: Saint Mary (Kan.) 129, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 81, Concordia (Neb.) 81, Eastern Oregon 58, Saint Francis (Ind.) 50, Cumberlands (Ky.) 39, Benedictine (Kan.) 29, Montreat (N.C.) 23, Montana Western 18, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 17, The Master’s (Calif.) 12, Northwest Christian (Ore.) 11, Point Park (Pa.) 10, Northwestern (Iowa) 10, Indiana Tech 3