2019 NAIA Women’s Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Oct. 17
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) claims the No. 1 spot in the third edition of the 2019 Women’s Cross Country Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999):
- After beating Madonna (Mich.) in a head-to-head since the last ratings period, SCAD Atlanta found their way to the top of the poll.
- There are two new teams in the Top 25: No. 23 Eastern Oregon and No. 24 SCAD Savannah (Ga.)
- The same teams are in the Top 5 from the last poll, but College of Idaho is the only team to remain at the same rank.
- Every team except for College of Idaho and Southern Oregon moved from the rank they were last week.
- Simon Fraser (B.C.) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings with 38 all-time.
- College of Idaho actively holds the longest consecutive streak in the poll at 84. The team and remain at No. 3 in this weeks poll.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
2019 Women's Cross Country Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||TOTAL POINTS|
|1||2||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.) [19[||590|
|3||3||College of Idaho ||554|
|4||5||St. Francis (Ill.)||525|
|13||21||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||346|
|18||13||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||292|
|20||19||Shawnee State (Ohio)||239|
|24||NR||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||139|
Receiving Votes: Friends (Kan.) 96, Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 87, Oklahoma City 82, Westmont (Calif.) 79, Bethel (Ind.) 29, Mount Mercy (Iowa) 26, Indiana Tech 25, Hannibal-LaGrange (Mo.) 19, St. Ambrose (Iowa) 14, Montreat (N.C.) 13, Menlo (Calif.) 5, Montana Western 4, Saint Mary (Kan.) 3, Northwestern (Iowa) 3