2018-19 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Final Top 25 Poll
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) will take the No. 1 rank into the championship as the No. 1 team in the final Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- The Lions are one of the top three schools that have been ranked No. 1 the most as the team has been in the top spot 32 times.
- The Lions have not lost a game since its loss against Columbia (Mo.) on February 2.
- There are no new teams to the poll. All of the top 25 teams were in the previous ratings
- Oklahoma City holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 253 total appearances dating back to 1997-98 school year.
- Union (Tenn.) and Vanguard (Calif.) are the only programs to have spent an entire season ranked No. 1 (Union: 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11) (Vanguard: 2005-06, 2006-07).
- Union (Tenn.) leads all NAIA school with 53 No. 1 rankings. Oklahoma City is second with 50 and Vanguard (Calif.) is third with 46.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the team appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.”
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete rating calendar, click here.
Make sure to download the Experience NAIA Championship App for updated news and information for the 2019 NAIA Division I and II Basketball Championships! Download the app HERE!
2018-19 NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
|1||1||Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) ||31-2||218|
|2||2||Campbellsville (Ky.) ||31-2||213|
|5||5||The Master's (Calif.)||26-6||191|
|7||8||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||28-5||176|
|9||11||William Penn (Iowa)||30-2||159|
|10||6||MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.)||24-5||155|
|12||14||Our Lady of the Lake (Texas)||25-6||143|
|14||16||Shawnee State (Ohio)||24-9||124|
|17||18||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||22-10||106|
|20||20||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||20-12||85|
|23||22||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||20-11||68|
Receiving Votes: William Jessup (Calif.) 40, LSU Alexandria (La.) 35, Science & Arts (Okla.) 31, Providence (Mont.) 30, Clarke (Iowa) 7, Georgetown (Ky.) 5