2019-20 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll – No. 1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Concordia (Neb.) remains at No. 1 in the latest edition of the 2019-2020 NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, receiving all 12 first-place votes for the second-consecutive polling period.
Top 25 Highlights
- The No. 1 Bulldogs of Concordia (Neb.) start of the season with a perfect record of 7-0. They have wins over rated opponents: Southeastern (Fla.), St. Francis (Ill.) and Sterling (Kan.)
- The Bullldogs outscoring their opponents by an average of 50 points each game.
- Southeastern (Fla.) earns the No. 2 spot in the nation with a current overall record of 6-2. The Fire had a dominant win over then-No.3 Ozarks and lost by 1 in overtime to No. 1 Concordia.
- Huntington (Ind.), Siena Heights (Mich.), Indiana South Bend (Ind.), Oklahoma Wesleyan are all newcomers to the poll this week.
- No. 6 Hastings (Neb.) moved up from No. 16 after a road win against Morningside (Iowa) this week.
- Marian (Ind.) moved into the top three in the latest edition of the Coaches
- Top 25. Their only loss of the season was on a neutral court to NAIA Division I then-No.2 Campbellsville.
- Morningside (Iowa) holds record for most No. 1 rankings of all-time with 39. Indiana Wesleyan – No. 20 in this poll – is second with 34.
- Morningside also holds the record for longest consecutively ranked active school with 180 straight polls. Saint Xavier (Ill.) is second on the list with 166, which includes its time in DI Women’s Basketball.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019-20 NAIA Division II Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll – Poll 1 (Nov. 27)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Concordia (Neb.) ||7-0||312|
|4||3||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||6-2||282|
|8||9||St. Francis (Ill.)||6-2||239|
|10||13||Saint Francis (Ind.)||7-1||224|
|12||17||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||7-1||191|
|13||7||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||5-2||189|
|14||10||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||5-2||186|
|19||24||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||8-1||132|
|20||23||Mayville State (N.D.)||6-1||119|
|22||NR||Siena Heights (Mich.)||6-0||89|
|24||NR||Indiana South Bend (Ind.)||9-1||77|
Receiving Votes: Jamestown (N.D.) 48, Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 39, Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 39, Indiana Wesleyan 32, Bellevue (Neb.) 26, Southern Oregon 17, WVU Tech 13, Reinhardt (Ga.) 8, Aquinas (Mich.) 5, Mount Vernon Nazarene 4