The Benefits of Playing in the NAIA
Student-athletes come first in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Their needs, desires and ambitions guide our every decision. They are the inspiration that drives us to make character a core component and benefit of all intercollegiate sports. That's why we are here and why we stand apart.
The Opportunity to Play
- Our NAIA member colleges and universities give student-athletes the chance to compete and learn the ultimate benefits of teamwork and accomplishment.
- NAIA student-athletes experience what it means to be a championship-level competitor.
- Our institutions, administrators and coaches are in unique positions to positively impact the educational, athletic and emotional development of young people.
- Tight-knit campus communities mean closer interaction, stronger relationships, and personalized attention.
Character as our Guide
- The NAIA Champions of Character® program provides our student-athletes and member institutions with the training and positive examples of how character matters. It changes perspectives and fuels better performance on the field, in the classroom and in personal relationships.
- We help prepare our athletes in leadership and in life through programs that help prepare them not only for competition and graduation, but also leadership roles after college.